No announcement yet.

Trying to create a good night scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I have started using it. If an event is running, will other events be queued or run simultaneously ?

Comment

What is the "it" you have started using? Under what circumstances are these two events running? If you mean an event triggered from another event then the answer is that the second event will run as soon as it's triggered. The event engine is multi-threaded and many events can all basically run at the same time.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

That was the answer I was looking for, that there is the possibility of multiple events running simultaneously. With it I meant triggering events from an event.

Comment

You can run multiple events from a single trigger event. Take a look at this thread and especially post #6. Every other event I call has a different combination of virtual devices - only one of them can be true at a time.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            You can run multiple events from a single trigger event. Take a look at this thread and especially post #6. Every other event I call has a different combination of virtual devices - only one of them can be true at a time.

Can you create an event that sends the value stored in a virtual device to the thermostat? You can then use the HSTouch buttons to set the value of the virtual device (14, 18, etc.) and then call the event.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JimCirillo View Post
              Can you create an event that sends the value stored in a virtual device to the thermostat? You can then use the HSTouch buttons to set the value of the virtual device (14, 18, etc.) and then call the event.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

@gd1201

If you get a chance I would really like a look at your events trying to control the Secure321. Its not working that well with BLStat, even though its changing the setpoints, it is displaying 5o no matter what setpoint it has. Also I would like to understand how to handle this 'manually'

Comment

Trying to create a good night scene

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                  @gd1201

If you get a chance I would really like a look at your events trying to control the Secure321. Its not working that well with BLStat, even though its changing the setpoints, it is displaying 5o no matter what setpoint it has. Also I would like to understand how to handle this 'manually'

I'll send you what I have.
                  I have the system working well now without using the secure stat. It's easy and actually more flexible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heating Using Scripts.pdf

This may or may not make sense as I've typed it up quickly.

The vb code is not the most efficient but it works.

Comment

Ok I think I understand the idea. There are quite a few things I will implement, while others I am thinking of doing differently. For example I need to keep my Secure321 as I cannot control the boiler without it (its not strictly the Secure321 its the Horstmann 2 channel associated with it).
                      I am planning to have different schedules depending on outside temperatures.
                      You are using StellaZ's as well, right ? I can control them now from BLStat as well as my Secure. But what I am looking for is a override for both, as well as a way to read the current setpoint of my StellaZ's to see if the setpoint has been changed, and to also find out how long it can take for the setpoint to change.
                      How do you manage your StellaZ's, how do you set wakeup for example ? Mine are converted to mains power so battery life is not an issue, so I want to set wakup to the shortest possible

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                        Ok I think I understand the idea. There are quite a few things I will implement, while others I am thinking of doing differently. For example I need to keep my Secure321 as I cannot control the boiler without it (its not strictly the Secure321 its the Horstmann 2 channel associated with it).
                        I am planning to have different schedules depending on outside temperatures.
                        You are using StellaZ's as well, right ? I can control them now from BLStat as well as my Secure. But what I am looking for is a override for both, as well as a way to read the current setpoint of my StellaZ's to see if the setpoint has been changed, and to also find out how long it can take for the setpoint to change.
                        How do you manage your StellaZ's, how do you set wakeup for example ? Mine are converted to mains power so battery life is not an issue, so I want to set wakup to the shortest possible

I used to have the secure double relay so that would just be a case of referencing that instead of the Fibaro.

To use different temperatures based on outside temperatures that's what I have in my new script but it still needs work. I just use virtual devices and offsets added to the setpoint script for that.

As far as the stats go, I use mainly Danfoss lc13's

I can't wake them up especially but they react fast enough to setpoint changes.

Muck around with the script you should can achieve pretty much anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X