Event not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event not firing

My AC events are not firing, and I do not understand why. The temperature is 24.1 degrees, both bedroom windows are closed, the house state is home. Then the time goes into the AC_High range. That should trigger the event AC logic on high ?
    It doesnt. Nor does it trigger the AC logic on event. These event s should just flick a virtual switch which then turns on my AC. If I trigger one of the events manually, the AC comes on. Once temperature goes below the specified temp, the AC turns off. When during the night it goes above the trigger levels for AC logic on, that event fires and turns the AC on !
    So the AC logic off event works as intended.
    The AC on or on high do not trigger the first time when the time goes into range, but after they work.
    Attached Files

For something this complex I would put a speak or a write log in each criteria to see if it is in fact doing what you expect. You can also simplify the logic and test and then add a new criteria after you get each prior condition working.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was wondering if and how I could get a detailed log of that event and to see how my conditions are working how do I enable a write log for each of the conditions ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        I was wondering if and how I could get a detailed log of that event and to see how my conditions are working how do I enable a write log for each of the conditions ?
        I believe you would have to script it. You can't insert an Action inside an AND or OR. You could copy the event and test each AND/OR condition separately though. That might find the offending condition.

I'd just write a script, where you can do all of that. It also allows you to have an ELSE statement where all of the conditions you didn't think about are caught.

I don't think this is your problem, but your event really has two triggers; Temp and Sched. If your temp doesn't change (and I don't think the RFXcom PI sets unless it sees a change), you'll never see the Sched when it changes. It probably works "OK" because temps don't stay the same all the time. Looks like you've included a deadband of 0.3 degrees, where nothing occurs.

Z

Comment

I think I have already found the 'offending' condition, and its the temperature. I think it is as you said, its over, but as long as it does not change it probably wont trigger. I have got no idea about scripting, so that is at least at the moment not an option.
          Is there a way of getting the temperature reading to actually trigger without changing ? So that it works as intended if the temperature is above... ?

Looks like you've included a deadband of 0.3 degrees, where nothing occurs.
          That is on purpose. The Ac comes on over 22 degrees, (depending on how warm it is slow or high) then turns off when the room is cool enough, lower than 20.7 degrees

Comment

I think I have already found the 'offending' condition, and its the temperature. I think it is as you said, its over, but as long as it does not change it probably wont trigger. I have got no idea about scripting, so that is at least at the moment not an option.
            Is there a way of getting the temperature reading to actually trigger without changing ? So that it works as intended if the temperature is above... ?
            I think you need two separate events, one that is triggered by entering the schedule with a condition of the temp being above a certain value along with your other conditions, and the event that you already have. You may need additional events with triggers for coming home/leaving, windows opening and closing, etc. You can combine them into one event using OR IFs, but you could end up with a very large event, so I prefer to use separate events.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

OK I see one problem, I had that before ith entering the schedule first, that only triggers when entering the schedule, but not again. Or does it ?

I have just tested this, it still doesnt fire. Somehow I need to be able to check the temperature without having to wait for a change in temperature

Comment

OK I see one problem, I had that before ith entering the schedule first, that only triggers when entering the schedule, but not again.
                Correct. That's why you need multiple events (or a script that is run by an event triggered by any of those items changing).

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Would it be possible to check the temperature with a script which then runs an event if the temperature is above a certain level. If so what would the Script need to look like as I have never written a script ?

Comment

Would it be possible to check the temperature with a script which then runs an event if the temperature is above a certain level. If so what would the Script need to look like as I have never written a script ?
                    Yes. Something like this:

Code:
                    Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

If hs.devicevalueEx(1234) > 24 Then hs.TriggerEvent("turn all lights on")

End Sub
                    Substitute 1234 with the Reference ID of your temp device and change the 24 to whatever you need.

Cheers
                    Al
                    Last edited by sparkman; June 26, 2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

What you're trying to do in your event used to work in HS3 but I've just tested and it no longer behaves as expected. I'm not sure if this is a problem with HS events or if the latest version of the RFXCOM plug-in handles things differently.

Assuming RFXCOM is processing an Oregon temperature sensor, then the sensor should be transmitting at about 1 minute intervals. The RFXCOM plug-in will (or did) update the device value even if it is the same value as it was previously.

A trigger of "device value set" as opposed to "device value change" should fire your event but in my testing it no longer works.

Just about to have dinner, but I will test this with a virtual device later.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        Yes. Something like this:

Code:
                        Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

If devicevalueEx(1234) > 24 Then hs.TriggerEvent "turn all lights on"

End Sub
                        Substitute 1234 with the Reference ID of your temp device and change the 24 to whatever you need.

Cheers
                        Al
                        Ok I have adjusted your script, save it in scripts as AC temp trigger.vb, device 16 is the Ref of the temperature sensor, and AC Test on is the event it should trigger but I am getting these errors:

Compiling script C:\program files (x86)\homeseer hs3\scripts\AC temp trigger.vb: Method arguments must be enclosed in parentheses. Jun-26 19:41:40 Error Compiling script C:\program files (x86)\homeseer hs3\scripts\AC temp trigger.vb: 'devicevalueEx' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. Jun-26 19:41:40 Error Compiling script C:\program files (x86)\homeseer hs3\scripts\AC temp trigger.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases

Attached Files

Comment

Ok I have adjusted your script, save it in scripts as AC temp trigger.vb, device 16 is the Ref of the temperature sensor, and AC Test on is the event it should trigger but I am getting these errors:
                          Sorry, was missing the parentheses and hs. in front of devicevalueex. Fixed above.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                            What you're trying to do in your event used to work in HS3 but I've just tested and it no longer behaves as expected. I'm not sure if this is a problem with HS events or if the latest version of the RFXCOM plug-in handles things differently.

Assuming RFXCOM is processing an Oregon temperature sensor, then the sensor should be transmitting at about 1 minute intervals. The RFXCOM plug-in will (or did) update the device value even if it is the same value as it was previously.

A trigger of "device value set" as opposed to "device value change" should fire your event but in my testing it no longer works.

Just about to have dinner, but I will test this with a virtual device later.

Paul..
                            I've been monitoring a couple of RFXcom temps all day that don't change very often and they haven't triggered an Event using "has been set to"

Probably a question for Bert.

Z

Comment

The script worked, and while I was working on the system my SSD has gone. So cannot test anything or even access my system, all gone. Will be back on this thread after I have rebuilt my system... guess that'll take a few days.

I want the script to call another event. But I only want that event to run if all the conditions in the event are true. Can I do that ?

Comment

Working...
                              X