Failed Wakeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Wakeup

Any ideas on creating an event to monitor the failure of device not waking up? i.e anyway of monitoring 'Last Change' date & time.

Not knowing exactly what you have in mind, I'd suggest you look at Spud's EasyTrigger plug-in to see if it will let you do what you are thinking of.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I would set up a recurring event that will run a script that checks the last change date/time using the hs.DeviceLastChangeRef(5678) command. The script would chech how long its been sine the last change and then use some method to notify you (send an email, pushover alert, change status of a virtual device, etc.)

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Not knowing exactly what you have in mind, I'd suggest you look at Spud's EasyTrigger plug-in to see if it will let you do what you are thinking of.
        Cheers Mike. Looks like a very useful plugin. One to keep in mind but I dont see a command that would trigger just from 'Last Change' (even if value didnt change)

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          I would set up a recurring event that will run a script that checks the last change date/time using the hs.DeviceLastChangeRef(5678) command. The script would chech how long its been sine the last change and then use some method to notify you (send an email, pushover alert, change status of a virtual device, etc.)

Cheers
          Al
          Hi Al, That sound like the answer. However, I've never written any scripts I guess I'll have to spend one day getting up to speed with it. Recommend any reading material to get started with?

Comment

Working...
          X