Can I print my events ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I print my events ?

Is there a (easy) way to print all my events with conditions ? Just in case the system goes down again and for easy reference

Here still (did it with HS2) screen print to hard copy pages with events with same program (now free) that I used in the 1990's called Polyview from Polybytes.

You can also have a look see via the database that Homeseer 3 creates.

I created spreadsheets for the multiple Edgeport boxes / 1-wire devices (well you can do that with your Z-Wave devices).

Jon00 also provides an event viewer with his stuff below. That and a backup of the Homeseer 3 directory and an export should suffice should a need occur.

I am testing a new box to replace the Zee-2 and just copied the Homeseer 3 directory over to the Xi3 Xi5A mini pc and remoted the Z-Wave GPIO card from the Zee-2 to the Xi5A and all worked just fine. The RPi2 micro SD is running nicely but still have more trust in an SSD drive. That is me.

Quickie summary:

1 - print a hard copy of the event
    2 - export your HS3 configuration
    3 - Use Jon00's event viewer
    4 - image your directory build (keep the partition small. I keep mine at 20Gb to 32Gb)
    5 - copy the Homeseer 3 directory out and archive it
    6 - use a Homeseer 3 archiving plugin or OS software archiving program (whether in Linux or Windows).
    7 - keep your Homeseer 3 directory clean/small removing or saving off stuff in it that is not needed.

Baby steps; come up with a plan and stick to it. IE: do a DR recovery occasionally; easy peasy stuff; you just have to do it.

IE: I have updated main Homeseer 3 programs a couple of times and have fallen back within a day or two using a backup. Works fine.
    Last edited by Pete; June 28, 2016, 09:54 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have seen and read the backup button description, but why would I need to do that if I backup the whole homeseer directory anyhow ?
      I have backed up my Homeseer directory as I want to move my Homeseer to my dedicated PC again once its repaired, it is currently running on a temporary PC

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        Is there a (easy) way to print all my events with conditions ? Just in case the system goes down again and for easy reference
        Yes.
        From the Events screen in Chrome click the triangle for the event group(s) you want to print. Then, at the top of the group list, click the triangle there too. All the events in the group should open. Select 'Print...' from the Chrome hamburger menu.

You don't even have to actually print the list. You can just save it as a pdf.
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

but why would I need to do that if I backup the whole homeseer directory anyhow ?

You don't; just offering all of the options available. Personally here i am fine with just a directory backup. It is whatever works for you and that you test out in a DR scenario.

The object here is to get back to a running state as quickly as possible with the least amount of effort.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Don't forget to expand each groups "group conditions/actions" sections since the expand all button does not do those sections.

With 69 groups, I can begin to print after 276 clicks
            Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
            Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
            Number of Devices: 633
            Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.54.0: BLBackup
            2.0.40.0: BLLAN
            3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
            30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
            3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
            3.0.0.87: weatherXML
            3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post
              With 69 groups, I can begin to print after 276 clicks
              That's alot of groups! How many events do you have?
              I think I'd break up the printing and not try to print them all in the same go.

I agree, it is unfortunate that the group conditions do not respond to the group event open button. Maybe in a future version.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                That's alot of groups! How many events do you have?
                Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                Number of Devices: 633
                Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                3.0.0.87: weatherXML