Set other devices to the same dim level as a virtual device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set other devices to the same dim level as a virtual device

How do I set several dimmers to be the same dim level as a virtual device.

I have 6 lamps in 1 room that I want to control with Amazon Echo using a virtual device. So I want to be able to say - "Alexa, dim funky lights to 22%"
    where "funky lights" is a virtual device. Once Alexa sets the virtual device, then I need an event to set the other lights to the same dim level as this virtual device.

Originally posted by DrZWave View Post
    How do I set several dimmers to be the same dim level as a virtual device.

I have 6 lamps in 1 room that I want to control with Amazon Echo using a virtual device. So I want to be able to say - "Alexa, dim funky lights to 22%"
    where "funky lights" is a virtual device. Once Alexa sets the virtual device, then I need an event to set the other lights to the same dim level as this virtual device.
    I had the same issue (w/thermostat) and someone pointed me at the Echo Group function (at echo.amazon.com) Name it "Funky Lights" and add the lights you want in there.

Otherwise get Spud's "swiss army knife" Easy Trigger.. You can do it there as well.

Z

Comment

Thanks vasrc!

The group feature of Alexa is exactly what I want! And it was really easy to setup.

Comment

Working...
      X