ts triggering in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ts triggering in HS3

I have just installed HS3 after years of HS2 and have a problem I cannot work out

Two simple events if motion sensor becomes edho or on the turn on lights.
    Works when manually triggered but not by motion sensor!

Any thoughts appreciated.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Events not triggering in HS3

the title should have been Events not triggering in HS3
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

What are you using for motion sensors Gordon?

What base HS3 version and what plugins are you using?

Here using:

1 - HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.291 (Linux)
      2 - HSTouch Server - V3.0.0.94
      3 - UPB - V3.0.0.2
      4 - Z-Wave - V3.0.1.83
      5 - X-10 - V3.0.0.36
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        What are you using for motion sensors Gordon?

What base HS3 version and what plugins are you using?

Here using:

1 - HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.291 (Linux)
        2 - HSTouch Server - V3.0.0.94
        3 - UPB - V3.0.0.2
        4 - Z-Wave - V3.0.1.83
        5 - X-10 - V3.0.0.36
        Hi Pierre, good to here from you, must change my signature to save some questions.

HS 3 V3.00.280 (Windows XP Pro)
        RF plugin is BLRF listening to a W800RF32AE (that bit works)

I also have RFXCOM which I prefer, but cannot get it to work.

The motion sensors are MS13E

HStouch installed and active but no clients active yet

HS3 devices are changing with the motion sensor, just 2 events do not trigger, the rest associated with RF trigger OK!
        sigpic

Comment

There was something goofy going on with the HS3 Event engine some versions back.

Try deleting the two events and variables in question. Shut down Homeseer 3.

Reboot the box, recreate the variables and events and see if that works for you.

I have tested the RFXCOM plugin with the W800 and it worked just fine here.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
          HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

There was something goofy going on with the HS3 Event engine some versions back.

Reboot the box, recreate the variables and events and see if that works for you.

Thanks Pete I will delete the vents first then re-create see if that makes a difference.

When I said I was unable to get RFX COM working I meant with the RFX reveiver, I cannot find what COM it is on.
            sigpic

Comment

You can check what serial com port you are on with Homeseer in OFF mode.

I forgot whether you are using a USB to serial port device (like the Digi Egdeport) or doing a direct connect.

The USB to serial devices create labeled serial ports which you can see in the control panel / system / hardware devices section.

The serial ports on the motherboard default to whatever the default is in the BIOS and typically it is in order (left to right or up to down).

That said to check just shut off HS for a bit and run the older Microsoft terminal program in the default mode (9600 8N1) with your other serial stuff unplugged.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              HS4 Lite -

Comment

You can check what serial com port you are on with Homeseer in OFF mode.

I forgot whether you are using a USB to serial port device (like the Digi Egdeport) or doing a direct connect.

The USB to serial devices create labeled serial ports which you can see in the control panel / system / hardware devices section.

The serial ports on the motherboard default to whatever the default is in the BIOS and typically it is in order (left to right or up to down).

That said to check just shut off HS for a bit and run the older Microsoft terminal program in the default mode (9600 8N1) with your other serial stuff unplugged.
                RFX com is USB not through thee DIgi connected to the USB extender unit. Not sure what you mean by terminal program
                sigpic

Comment

Good advice Pete, deleted all events and device's associated upgraded to v3.0.0.191and they are working.

Still cannot find the RFX receiver's com port though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                    Still cannot find the RFX receiver's com port though.

RFX com is USB not through thee DIgi connected to the USB extender unit.
                    When I have a USB device that creates a COM port I look at the assigned ports in Device Manager. If I start with the device's USB unplugged, when I plug it in the new port appears in device manager. I can then unplug it again to confirm that the port I think it is disappears, and comes back when I plug it in again. Are you saying that it is not showing up in Device Manager at all?
                    Attached Files
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

@Gordon as you see in the picture that Mike attached the Digi Serial port numbers match what is on the labels of the Digi box.

Such that Digi Serial port (labeled on the box) number 4 is XP COM port number 17. I do recall you mentioned it was a PITA to see the back of the Edgeport in your configuration. The labels are small. Use a flashlight and tip it such that you can see it.

Or just move the desk / table that the Edgeport is sitting on enough for you to get your head behind it OR take a picture of it with your cell phone. I cannot see my labels anymore the way my Edgeports are mounted.

I made a drawing using Visio of the back of the Digi Edgeport using the main USB port as my reference. You can do the same with the serial port. I haven't looked at my drawing in a while but it does speed things up if I have to unplug or change something.

Here still using 16 ports from 2 8 port Edgeports.

That is what makes the Digi Edgeport and easy to utilize USB to serial device.

With a terminal program plugged in and only the RFXCom Receiver plugged in to one port you can just open up the terminal program (with HS3 OFF) and type anything and you should get a response on the screen if it is connected to the right com port.

Remote connected to your PC when you were reconfiguring the HS2 to serial port stuff I just used the process of elimination until it worked. One port at a time as all I could see was your desktop from here in Chicago.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      HS4 Lite -

Comment

Working...
                      X