Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to build this event ?

Hi all

Lets say i want an event that it knows how many minutes i want to trigger.

i use pushbullet and ask: set pir garage to 10 minutes, it wil trigger an selected event.

but how can i build this in one event?

i want an event that contains 5,10,15,20,30,60,120 minutes
    because i don't want to create 7 events.

I don't know if this is possible..

My brains don't work right now i'm really out of options.
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
    Lets say i want an event that it knows how many minutes i want to trigger. i use pushbullet and ask: set pir garage to 10 minutes, it wil trigger an selected event.
    I do not understand what you want to do. Can you give an example of what you expect to happen when you issue a command to "set pir garage to 10 minutes"?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You need a script with a timer and probably counter but also don't really understand what you are trying to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi ,

I just want a multi event , when its 10 minutes trigger 10 minute event and when its 15 minute trigger 15 min event . Etc. I just was searching for an better way to make the event , instead of make 7 loose events or more.. My plug-in pushbullet receive the specific text i write , than i can select an event to trigger, but its better if i have an multi event.

Sended from far far away

Comment

If you want a variable timer to run the same actions, how about a virtual device with values of 0(off), 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60, 120 minutes, we'll call it GarageTime". You start a timer with one event, we'll call the timer "GarageTimer". That event would be:

IF GarageTime has a value that just changed
          THEN start timer GarageTimer

The next event would be:

IF GarageTimer value becomes 5 minutes
          AND if GarageTime is equal to 5 minutes

OR IF GarageTimer value becomes 10 minutes
          AND if GarageTime is equal to 10 minutes

OR IF GarageTimer value becomes 15 minutes
          AND if GarageTime is equal to 15 minutes

OR IF GarageTimer value becomes 30 minutes
          AND if GarageTime is equal to 30 minutes

OR IF GarageTimer value becomes 60 minutes
          AND if GarageTime is equal to 60 minutes

OR IF GarageTimer value becomes 120 minutes
          AND if GarageTime is equal to 120 minutes

THEN stop GarageTimer
          THEN set GarageTimer to 0m, 0s
          THEN Action
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I just want a multi event , when its 10 minutes trigger "10 minute event and when its 15 minute trigger 15 min event . Etc.
            Can you give an example of what you mean by a "10 minute event" and a "15 min event"? Can these be any event, or are they specific to some time requirement?
            I just was searching for an better way to make the event , instead of make 7 loose events or more..
            Perhaps I'm misunderstanding more than I think, but it seems that what you are asking is inherently incompatible with the structure of the HS event engine, which depends on a specific trigger resulting in a specific event.
            Have you considered putting the "7 loose events or more" into an event group as a way to keep them associated with one another?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Many thanks Randy and Michael ,

I can show how i have iT setup right now , but to much events gonna be a big mess.

This is in pushbullet how iT looks like

This are the events

Randy the method you are saying is great but how can i implement iT in here ?

Sended from far far away

Comment

That was a big help.

I think I can see a way to do this with three events.
                1. The first event sets the device value of a virtual device to the delay you specify (and possibly the device string to the name of the sensor?). It also starts a timer.
                2. The second event is triggered by the first. It disables the sensor for the time equal to the value of the virtual device set in event one (and uses the device string to determine which sensor?)
                3. The third event is triggered (using EasyTrigger) when the timer is one minute less than the value in the virtual device. It stops the timer, provides the one minute warning, the final one minute wait, and re-enables the sensor.

I haven't tried any of this, so it is very speculative, but something along these lines may do what you want.

Comment

Many thanks Michael , i created a virtual device with 1,10,20 etc minutes in it. But when iT received the value 10 or 20 etc , how can iT trigger? I dont know how i can get the device string of the message thats received. I can iT only let iT trigger on 10 minutes but not on 20 minutes. I really need to think about iT how to do it is hard.

//Update
                  i really dont know where to start

like in the screenshot , i just want to compress all the events in to 3 or 2 events

I cant get the message string because its in the plugin not on a virtual device

Sended from far far away
                  Last edited by Malosa; July 10, 2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I dont know how i can get the device string of the message thats received.
                    I'm afraid I can't be of much help with that part, but in your example you had events with triggers like:
                    "If message from contact ______________ = disable pir garage"
                    "If message from contact ______________ = 10 minutes"

I assumed the plug-in provides access to those messages and gives you a way to parse them. That should give you the ability to copy the message into a device string or copy a number in the message to a device value.

I don't use that plug-in, so you'd have to ask the plug-in author about that. Obviously, if the plug-in doesn't allow you to manipulate the content of the message, then what you are trying to do will be much more difficult.

Comment

this is how it looks like in the plugin ,

if there is no option to do it , i need to contact the developer

many thanks for the help and reply
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X