Multiple trigger devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple trigger devices?

This is for sure a newbie question, however I need to figure this one out fast:

I have multiple scenes in my old Fibaro HC2 where I have combined triggers, different devices and so that if ONE of them changes then the scene needs to run.

This I can not replicate in my Zee S2. I can ONLY trigger on the First device - the 2nd and so on is not triggered, it feels (!) just like they are compared at the time the first device is triggering the event.

What am I doing wrong here? Why is this so hard to get working?

Example:
    Code:
    IF	Status System TOD changes and becomes a value in the range of Morgon to Turn Down	
    AND IF	Status System Hemma has a value that is not equal to Borta	Then	
    Set Device	Lägenhet Arbetsrum Switch Binary to On
    This event will only trigger when Status System TOD changes, however I need it to ALSO trigger when Status System Hemma is changing - but I can't figure out howto do this, since there are NO options available to do that.

The same is for "IF ELSE"... What am I (again) doing wrong?

Originally posted by larhedse View Post

I have multiple scenes in my old Fibaro HC2 where I have combined triggers, different devices and so that if ONE of them changes then the scene needs to run.

This I can not replicate in my Zee S2. I can ONLY trigger on the First device - the 2nd and so on is not triggered, it feels (!) just like they are compared at the time the first device is triggering the event.

Example:
    Code:
    IF	Status System TOD changes and becomes a value in the range of Morgon to Turn Down	
    This event will only trigger when Status System TOD changes, however I need it to ALSO trigger when Status System Hemma is changing - but I can't figure out howto do this, since there are NO options available to do that.

It may be posible to do what you want with this plugin :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173836 You can try it from the updater. It gives you more options when creating events "Toggle a device" is one them. Read through the help file.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Example:
      Code:

You can do it a number of ways.

Assuming the actions are always the same then you could have an event to do all the actions with a manual trigger and a second event for the trigger(s)
      e.g.
      IF device A value changes and becomes 1
      OF IF device B value changes and becomes 1
      OF IF device C value changes and becomes 1
      THEN Run Actions Event

You can also use a combination of AND IF and OR IF in a single event (see attached screenshot)

Paul..
      Attached Files

Comment

Well the problem I seem to face is that when one uses AND IF you get a number of options, however when I use OR IF I get a different number of options...

OR IF:
        Code:
        This device has been/for at least...
        This device has a value equal to...
        This device had its value set and is not equal to...
        This device had its value set and is greater than...
        This device had its value set and is less than...
        AND IF
        Code:
        This device has been/for at least...
        This device has a value equal to...
        This device had its value set and is not equal to...
        This device had its value set and is greater than...
        This device had its value set and is less than...
        This device has a value that just changed:
        This device had its value set to...
        This device just had its value set or changed.
        Now why is there different number of choices depending on OR / AND?

However what I am after is this:
        I would like to turn my charging station (for mobiles, tablets and PCs) off when it is night and/or we are not home. And when we come home or it is not night then turn charging on again.

I see no way to combine TWO virtual devices (in my case, one for Status Home, and one for Status TOD (TOD=TimeOfDay, I split a day in timezones: Night, Morning, Day, Afternoon, Dinner, Evening, TurnDown and then Night again)) as triggers. I need to trigger if we leave home or TOD changes. How do I do THAT?

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
          You can do it a number of ways.

Assuming the actions are always the same then you could have an event to do all the actions with a manual trigger and a second event for the trigger(s)
          e.g.
          IF device A value changes and becomes 1
          OF IF device B value changes and becomes 1
          OF IF device C value changes and becomes 1
          THEN Run Actions Event

You can also use a combination of AND IF and OR IF in a single event (see attached screenshot)

Paul..
          Okay, so I had to think about this one a bit. I understand, from your attached picture what you mean with combination. This means that if I have five (5) Virtual Devices that each and everyone needs to trigger if one or more of them change, then that IF statement will be VEEEEEEEEERY long. This can not be true? Why can not more than ONE device be a trigger?

Comment

Okay, so I had to think about this one a bit. I understand, from your attached picture what you mean with combination. This means that if I have five (5) Virtual Devices that each and everyone needs to trigger if one or more of them change, then that IF statement will be VEEEEEEEEERY long. This can not be true? Why can not more than ONE device be a trigger?
            Think of "OR IF" as a trigger and "AND IF" as a condition.

You can have more than 1 device trigger an event using OR IF and yes it could be a long event depending on the number of devices.

Event 1: Charger Off
            IF TOD changes and becomes Night
            OR IF House Status changes and becomes Away
            THEN Set Charger to OFF

Event 2: Charger On
            IF TOD had its value changed and is not equal to Night
            AND IF House Status has a value that is equal to Home

OR IF House Status changes and becomes Home
            AND IF TOD has a value that is not equal to Night

THEN Set Charger to ON

Event 1 would set the charger OFF when TOD becomes Night or House Status becomes Away.

Event 2 would set the charger ON when TOD changes to anything except Night but only if you are Home or if House Status changes to Home and it is not Night then it would also switch the charger ON.

Is that what you wanted to do?

Paul..

Comment

Yes, now I get it, and cool way to see on AND IF and OR IF - makes more sense now!! A large thanks - now onto next challenge...

Comment

Working...
              X