Dynamic comparison of Timer values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic comparison of Timer values

Is ther a way to dynamically compare a timer's value? For lights, I use virtual devices to set on/off values and then use those devices in events. This way, I don't have to modify an event (or create multiple events) to change the level of a light. It also allows me to easily change what those levels are. For instance, at night the A/C is turned to a specific temp when sleep mode is turned on. I can change this value by merely changing the value of the virtual device.

I would like to do something similar with timers. I have a timer that tracks my son's computer usage. I want to do speech actions and popups on the screen warning him that his usage for the day is coming to an end and again when he's reached his time. The issue is that this value can change depending on the day (school day vs weekend for example or if we need to adjust the time for either of those). Is there a way to compare a timer to a virtual device's value for this?

Have you looked at EasyTrigger 'Comparison between 2 device values becomes true'?
    If you choose the timer as one of the devices and your reference device as the other, that may do what you want.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I will have to give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X