Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"WAIT" in a event (does it disturb other triggers?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"WAIT" in a event (does it disturb other triggers?)

Does the wait trigger disturb other events ?

like i have an event that it triggers a script at this time 00:01 and then i let it wait 6:59h
    then it executes a script again...

because i dont want to create seperate events...

regards
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
    Does the wait trigger disturb other events ?

like i have an event that it triggers a script at this time 00:01 and then i let it wait 6:59h
    then it executes a script again...

because i dont want to create seperate events...

regards
    It doesn't disturb other events. I don't know what CPU impact there is from having a thread put on hold for 7 hours, but I doubt it would have much. I have a personal aversion to leaving an event thread hanging in a hold for more than a few seconds so I would create another event and run it with a delay, which puts it in a queue with a time trigger.

Just curious, why do you want to avoid another event?

Comment

i have many pir sensors , and i try to create an event that PIR1 needs to act at Nighttime (20 before sunset) that if someone of us is in the garden it turns on the light , and disable all the other events for detection from pir1 , and after no detection in 3 minutes that it turns off the lights..

because all the pir's have many other functions i use for..

the reason i dont want to create a seperate events is that then i have to much events for 1 device , and then for my other PIR's , i have 10

regards

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      It doesn't disturb other events. I don't know what CPU impact there is from having a thread put on hold for 7 hours, but I doubt it would have much. I have a personal aversion to leaving an event thread hanging in a hold for more than a few seconds so I would create another event and run it with a delay, which puts it in a queue with a time trigger.

Just curious, why do you want to avoid another event?
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Working...
      X