So confused what is going wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So confused what is going wrong?

Hello Please can I have some help on this event.

I have a button in HSTouch which activates "SET - Armed Stay to Armed Night".

The Expected Action is:

When Partition 1 says has a value of: Ready - Force Arming Enabled
    Nothing will run in the event, even pressing the button.

The As Found Action:

That everything seems to run when pressing the button when Partition 1 is Ready Force Arming Enabled
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smokeycoles; August 22, 2016, 03:55 PM.

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
    Hello Please can I have some help on this event.

I have a button in HSTouch which activates "SET - Armed Stay to Armed Night".

The Expected Action is:

When Partition 1 says has a value of: Ready - Force Arming Enabled
    Nothing will run in the event, even pressing the button.

The As Found Action:

That everything seems to run when pressing the button when Partition 1 is Ready Force Arming Enabled
    I am not a HSTouch expert, but I believe when you run an event from HSTouch the conditions are always ignored. As a result your attached event will always run when called from HSTouch.

The workaround is to add another layer, an event that calls your event.

HSTouch Event:

IF This event is MANUALLY triggered
    Then If the Event Conditions are True, Run Event SET - Armed Stay to Armed Night

When you call the event it will in turn run your event attached above, but will honor the conditions.

Comment

I do not believe it, I have no idea how I have managed up to now without knowing this fact....
      Pure luck.

What an epic problem with HSTouch.

Thank you Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
        I do not believe it, I have no idea how I have managed up to now without knowing this fact....
        Pure luck.

What an epic problem with HSTouch.

Thank you Randy.
        I don't disagree. To be fair to HST an manually triggered event has its conditions ignored by default and you have to tick a box in a calling event in order for them to be observed. All they need to do is add a similar feature to HSTouch.

To be reasonable rather than fair, my logic would be to always observe conditions in an event, whether run manually or through an event trigger. Then add a special selection to IGNORE conditions. The default behavior should be to observe conditions unless specifically told not to. This would eliminate the lion's share of confusion that the current behavior causes.

I do understand why the trigger(s) and conditions are ignored when an event is manually run from the Event Management page, otherwise you couldn't test the actions.

They could make a change to the behavior easily, while keeping everyone's current events functional, by checking the box by default on new events or (preferably) changing the box to IGNORE conditions when running another event called from within an event. The same with HSTouch, observe conditions unless specifically stipulated they be ignored.

But that is just my opinion.

Comment

They have a long list of todo's - its getting better I believe though.
          I have made my HSTouch very complex and in fairness to them - they looked at my XML when I began having big problems with HSTouch.

I kind of wish I was a better programmer to help / volunteer.
          However I guess its not my strength.
          Anyway my friend, thank you for your help yet again.
          I am off to bed now - as I am almost seeing squares everywhere!

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X