Event running in wrong order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event running in wrong order

I have an event (below) that calls another event, does something, and then calls a third event. If I remove the 3rd part it runs. If I add it back in, it calls things out of order. Suggestions to make them run in order?

Sep-09 12:19:36 TTS Speak: (SPEAKEFAULT):Welcome home. It is currently 12:19 PM
    Sep-09 12:19:36 Event Event Trigger "Russound Russound - Living Room Off"
    Sep-09 12:19:36 Event Event Trigger "Russound Russound - Living Room On - Speech - Volume 40"
    Sep-09 12:19:36 Event Event Trigger "Security Greeting when Front Door Opens"

Attached Files
    HS3Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

The third part you speakmof is the second action calling an event or the actual third action?
    Also, why aren't you using BLSpeech for this? It makes this kind of thing absurdly easy considering you have a Russound system.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

The event is set to call an event to turn on a specific set of speakers with a specific source and volume. Then the speak part happens (step 2) and the the 3rd part should run an event to shut the speaker off. But instead of order 1, 2, 3 it is doing 1,3, 2.

I tried BLSpeech but I cannot get it to turn on just one speaker. I guess I will need to play with it more to see what I can do.
      HS3Pro on Win2012R2
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Looks like your event might be hosed. Delete it and start from scratch.

BLSpeech is extremely easy to use once you get the hang of the special tags. ESPECIALLY when compared to all of the hoops you're having to jump through for a less functional result.

Just pipe up if you have BLSpeech questions.

Comment

Deleted it and recreated it and tried again. Does the same thing. Turns on, turns off and then does the speech.

ep-09 15:01:34 TTS Speak: (SPEAKEFAULT):Welcome home. It is currently 3:01 PM
          Sep-09 15:01:34 Event Event Trigger "Russound Russound - Living Room Off"
          Sep-09 15:01:34 Event Event Trigger "Russound Russound - Living Room On - Speech - Volume 40"
          Sep-09 15:01:34 Event Event Trigger "Security Greeting when Front Door Opens"

For BLSpeech, I know I need to use special processing tags, but cannot figure out where to put eveything... do I create a txt file? Does it go somewhere in BLSpeech?

I appreciate your help.
          HS3Pro on Win2012R2

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
            I tried BLSpeech but I cannot get it to turn on just one speaker. I guess I will need to play with it more to see what I can do.
            It is very easy to get it to only speak through 1 speaker. just make sure to add your speakers in BLSpeech (Russound zones), then if you want , create as many BLSpeech zones (not to be confused with Russound zones, you just add as many BLSpeech speakers to a zone). Images attached.

Once you do that in your speech text you do something like this:

Code:
            {speaker=Foyer,volume=55}Thank you for turning off the Boy's Bedroom.
            That turns on my "speaker" called Foyer (My Russound zone 1) and sets the volume to 55 before speaking the text. In comparison, this one calls only the "public" speakers in my house:

Code:
            {speaker=Whole House,volume=80,sound=chime1}It is time to dispense Epic his Medicine.
            In this instance "Whole house" only contains speakers in public areas. In addition it plays a chime sound before the speech.

As to the issue you are having, I can't explain it. like @S-F said, maybe delete the even and start over?
            Attached Files
            MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

I have my speakers and zones. What I still don't get is the part "speech text". Where am I putting my speech text? In a txt file and then call the file?

Guess I am just not seeing the trees through the forest... I keep looking for a place to put the tags and what it should speak...

does it go in the event? so I would have:

If front door changes to open
              then speak {tag=, tag=, tag=} say something.
              HS3Pro on Win2012R2

Comment

I have my speakers and zones. What I still don't get is the part "speech text". Where am I putting my speech text? In a txt file and then call the file?

Guess I am just not seeing the trees through the forest... I keep looking for a place to put the tags and what it should speak...

does it go in the event? so I would have:

If front door changes to open
                then speak {tag=, tag=, tag=} say something.
                So, you just do a "Speak something" action. Since BLSpeech is registered as a speak proxy, it gets it. Here is our announcement to remind us to give our 7 y/o his medication (now disabled since he is no longer on that medication):
                Attached Files
                MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

That is the part I did not get. I got it now.. and it works. There is a delay so I took my wait out and now it is running. A new light bulb just went off with what I can do now.

Thanks for your help!

M
                  HS3Pro on Win2012R2

Comment

Ok, so I spoke too soon. It worked on a door and speaker where it was already set to source=speech. In the tag I have source=3 which is my speech input, but the Russound comes on, with the correct volume but does not use source=3. It comes on with source 1 and then turns off.

IF 1 Kitchen Z02 Back Doors had its value set to Closed
                    THEN SpeakSomething {priority=high,speaker=Kitchen|off,volume=50,source=3}Welcom e home. It is currently $$time
                    HS3Pro on Win2012R2

Comment

Ok, so I spoke too soon. It worked on a door and speaker where it was already set to source=speech. In the tag I have source=3 which is my speech input, but the Russound comes on, with the correct volume but does not use source=3. It comes on with source 1 and then turns off.

IF 1 Kitchen Z02 Back Doors had its value set to Closed
                      THEN SpeakSomething {priority=high,speaker=Kitchen|off,volume=50,source=3}Welcom e home. It is currently $$time
                      What does |off do? I don't recall what the pipe does. I never have used that. Are you sure it's valid? I don't have the manual in front of me ATM.

Comment

with the tag=speaker you can set the speaker/zone name and if you want the speaker/zone to turn off after the speak, you can with the pipe and off.
                        HS3Pro on Win2012R2

Comment

Working...
                        X