Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Events for bathroom exhaust fans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I'll also add that we do use the HS-WD100+ scenes on the light control in the bathrooms[list=1][*]A key held down of the top paddle when on or the bottom paddle when off disables motion control of lighting.
    [*]A single press of the top paddle or the bottom paddle resumes motion control

    A single press of the paddle also manually activates the switch, correct?



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by facke02 View Post
      Humidity sensors could work too. Which one do you use?

      I need to dive into virtual devices, lots of possibilities there.




      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


      I use Oregon Scientific ones (using RFXrec433 receiver and the RFXCom plugin), zwave ones, and ones I built myself and integrate with the mysensors.org plugin.

      Cheers
      Al


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

      Comment


        #18
        Thanks Al. My wife is going to kill me for getting all these new toys.


        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

        Comment


          #19
          Here is how mine is setup if you want more ideas. I use a Aeon Multi Sensor to check humidity (second floor with access to the attic, so its plugged into power). It's setup to turn on at certain humidity and then turn off once it drops. I am also using a timer to put a delay in for 30 mins. I do this if it manually gets turned on or off (WAF) to either keep it on or off for at least 30 min.
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by facke02 View Post
            Thanks Al. My wife is going to kill me for getting all these new toys.
            Just don't tell her
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              Here is how mine is setup if you want more ideas. I use a Aeon Multi Sensor to check humidity (second floor with access to the attic, so its plugged into power). It's setup to turn on at certain humidity and then turn off once it drops. I am also using a timer to put a delay in for 30 mins. I do this if it manually gets turned on or off (WAF) to either keep it on or off for at least 30 min.


              Thanks for the examples. This helps.


              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I'll also add that we do use the HS-WD100+ scenes on the light control in the bathrooms
                1. A key held down of the top paddle when on or the bottom paddle when off disables motion control of lighting.
                2. A single press of the top paddle or the bottom paddle resumes motion control
                3. A double tap of the bottom turns off the fan and lights immediately and resumes motion control
                4. When the lights are turned on by the switch or by motion, they come on at different levels based upon the time of day, occupancy mode and/or light level. A double tap of the top paddle will toggle the lights between On and the default level

                The first two apply to every motioned controlled light in the house, so the behavior is consistent throughout the house.
                Hi! How do you achieve #4 (specifically globally adjusting light levels). Do these dimmers allow you to set the level they will come on as if you just send an 'on' command? I'm struggling with my army of Hue bulbs. When I used smartthings it was easy...I modified the code such that you can issue a brightness command but it wouldn't change the state of the bulb. This way bulbs that were off stayed off but would come on at the appropriate level, and no polling for state/etc was required. Thanks!

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by sprange View Post
                  Hi! How do you achieve #4 (specifically globally adjusting light levels). Do these dimmers allow you to set the level they will come on as if you just send an 'on' command? I'm struggling with my army of Hue bulbs. When I used smartthings it was easy...I modified the code such that you can issue a brightness command but it wouldn't change the state of the bulb. This way bulbs that were off stayed off but would come on at the appropriate level, and no polling for state/etc was required. Thanks!
                  I originally wrote about it in this post. When a light is controlled locally an event is triggered to set the level to a default. That can result in the light coming on at a higher or lower than default level, then adjusting to the default. My network is very fast, but this behavior can be seen briefly. When it is controlled by motion or any other event, it is set to the default level initially. I have since expanded and modified the whole structure of my dimmer default events to have virtual devices to set the dimming levels and by adding a few more level setting events. I will post the changes I made in that thread.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Thanks everyone for all your help.

                    I though I had it all setup for the wife and I until this morning.

                    I have an event that turns off the fan after being on for 1 hour. It's worked before but this morning it didn't fire. I use this event for the wife as she always leaves the fan on.

                    I have another event setup for a double or triple press on the down paddle which I generally use. Been working great until this morning. I didn't fire either.

                    Thoughts?

                    I removed into the machine and have since rested the events and they seem to be working now.


                    Sep-19 6:13:33 AM

                    Z-Wave
                    Device: Master Bath Master Bath Shower Fan (Switch Binary) Set to 0

                    Sep-19 6:13:33 AM

                    Z-Wave
                    Device: Master Bath Master Bath Shower Fan (Central Scene) Set to 2000

                    Sep-19 6:13:32 AM

                    Z-Wave
                    Device: Master Bath Master Bath Shower Fan (Central Scene) Set to 1000

                    Sep-19 5:40:50 AM

                    Info
                    Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2

                    Sep-19 5:06:00 AM

                    Energy DB Info
                    All energy database compacting routines completed.

                    Sep-19 5:06:00 AM

                    Energy DB Info
                    No Records. Vacuuming database to condense.

                    Sep-19 5:06:00 AM

                    Energy DB Info
                    Energy database compaction initiated.

                    Sep-19 4:28:46 AM

                    Info
                    Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2

                    Sep-19 4:15:00 AM

                    Log Info
                    The log database is currently 2.9MB in size.

                    Sep-19 4:15:00 AM

                    Log Maintenance
                    9 records, selected by date/time, were removed from the log database.

                    Sep-19 3:58:43 AM

                    Z-Wave
                    Device: Master Bath Master Bath Shower Fan (Central Scene) Set to 2004

                    Sep-19 3:45:47 AM

                    Z-Wave
                    Device: Master Bath Master Bath Shower Fan (Switch Binary) Set to 255

                    Sep-19 3:45:47 AM

                    Z-Wave
                    Device: Master Bath Master Bath Shower Fan (Central Scene) Set to 1000

                    Sep-19 3:13:45 AM

                    Info
                    Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2

                    Sep-19 2:02:20 AM

                    Info
                    Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2

                    Sep-19 1:15:00 AM

                    Log Info
                    The log database is currently 2.9MB in size.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X