Event - device has been/for at least

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event - device has been/for at least

I have a HS switch that is not responding to the device has been/for at least that I have that's set to 1 hour. I think it has to do with the z-wave controller polling the device and changing the Last Change date/time.

It seems that every time the controller sends something to the switch the last change date gets updated. If I run the event manually it will work.

I'm new to all of this so I'm thinking there's an option or something that I need to do to get past this?

I have another HS switch that is a "neighbor" to this switch and it works just fine.

Thanks
    Attached Files

If the last update time does keep changing, you can do something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1187133

Just change the 20 minutes to 1 hour.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You need to check the box "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" on the device's configuration page. Or you can use Al's suggestion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1187134
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Wow, that was fast. Thank you both.

I knew it had to be something simple.

Is one method preferred over the other?

Comment

Originally posted by facke02 View Post
          Wow, that was fast. Thank you both.

I knew it had to be something simple.

Is one method preferred over the other?
          It is a matter of preference. For the type of event you are creating, the method you used will work fine. I tend to avoid using "This device has been/for at least..." because of the possibility of repeat triggers. Your event is controlling the device used as a trigger, so it will be fine. I would put 10 seconds in the "Cannot Re-Run For:" in the advanced options of the event just to compensate for any Z-Wave status reporting lag.

The way Al does it would be my preference (of the two), but it does take two events. The first event is just housekeeping, but is a good idea.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy and Al

I used Al's approach and created two new events. Seems more straight forward.

I also checked the box "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" on the device's configuration page. Not sure if I should be doing this or not. I know the new events will handle it if it's not checked.

Comment

Working...
            X