Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem With GoControl GC-TBZ48 Thermostat

I'm listing my threads.

The problem is I can't get the temp to change at the assigned time the current temp to show on web or hstouch...

Hi Guys,
    I need some help with my new thermostat, GoControl GC-TBZ48 Thermostat. It's working as it should. Added event timers and seems to be OK. I having a problem with the temperature showing on HS touch and web control. I'm running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297. Temp on both show 0.
    Thanks!

Hold on! after 2 days it started working. Both web and hs touch now show the temp.Go figure

Well back to square one, almost...Now I can't get the event working. It won't change the temp at a stated time. Worked yesterday.

Here's the event setup.

Event Name:
    Type
    Group Reassign:

IF The time is at 6:15:00 PM

Then Set Device thermostat thermostat Cooling 1 Setpoint to 76 F.

I just reinstalled the thermostat and now it's not showing the temperature again...

Thanks in advance for your help

Make sure you're running .94 of the Z wave plugin. It's a beta. This corrected the issue for me. After updating, remove and re add.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
      Make sure you're running .94 of the Z wave plugin. It's a beta. This corrected the issue for me. After updating, remove and re add.
      Thanks so much! I'll give it a try tonight

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
        Thanks so much! I'll give it a try tonight
        I tried it and the temp shows on the Web control page and HStouch. But still won't change the temp at stated time. Maybe I have the event set incorrectly. Seems it triggered the event but the temp never changed. Tis is from the log.

Sep-24 6:15:00 PM
        Event Event Trigger "thermostat 6:15 PM 76 Degrees AC"
        later in the log

Sep-24 6:19:12 PM
        Z-Wave Device: Living Room Thermostat Temperature Set to INVALID VALUE

Comment

Not running event

I seems it's not running the event to change the temp at a given time.
          I'm not sure what to do next.

Comment

I seems it's not running the event to change the temp at a given time.
            I'm not sure what to do next.
            Can you post an actual screen shot of your event with the trigger, any condition and the actions expanded. As well, post a screen shot of the Status Graphics tab of the setpoint device.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Can you post an actual screen shot of your event with the trigger, any condition and the actions expanded. As well, post a screen shot of the Status Graphics tab of the setpoint device.

Cheers
              Al
              Hi Al Thanks for the reply!
              We lost power last night due to a storm. I'm on battery backup so it doesn't make sense but the trigger is now working. Maybe HS rebooted? Don't know how long the power was out for woke up to blinking clocks on appliances. I'll have to check the log when I get home.
              Thanks,
              Art

Comment

Interestingly, I had to shut down my system, and when I rebooted, after doing some z-wave maintenance work (optimizations and so on) through Z-Tool, temperature reporting no longer worked. After I rebooted again, it worked.

I saw this a long while ago with some other reporting node (can't remember which). Usage of the Z-Tool resulted in the reporting not occurring. I had made a mental note to reboot after every usage of the Z-Tool.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                  Interestingly, I had to shut down my system, and when I rebooted, after doing some z-wave maintenance work (optimizations and so on) through Z-Tool, temperature reporting no longer worked. After I rebooted again, it worked.

I saw this a long while ago with some other reporting node (can't remember which). Usage of the Z-Tool resulted in the reporting not occurring. I had made a mental note to reboot after every usage of the Z-Tool.
                  Sounds like a good idea. Seem to have some problems with the thermostat part of the program.
                  I's just another speed bump in the road of life. I'll eventually get over it.

Comment

Still not working correctly

OK, I have the following events:
                    1 Set the tem to 77 at 6am...Works
                    2. Set the temp to 76 at 5:30 pm.. Triggers but temperature does not change.
                    3. Set temp to 74 at 7:30 pm works.
                    All events are the same
                    If time is .... then set device cooling setpoint to ......

This is from the log
                    Sep-28 5:30:00 PM
                    Event Event Trigger "thermostat 530 PM 76 Degrees AC" Sep-28 6:00:00 AM
                    Event Event Trigger "thermostat 6AM 77 degrees AC" Any Ideas? This works fine.

Comment

OK, I have the following events:
                      1 Set the tem to 77 at 6am...Works
                      2. Set the temp to 76 at 5:30 pm.. Triggers but temperature does not change.
                      3. Set temp to 74 at 7:30 pm works.
                      All events are the same
                      If time is .... then set device cooling setpoint to ......

This is from the log
                      Sep-28 5:30:00 PM
                      Event Event Trigger "thermostat 530 PM 76 Degrees AC" Sep-28 6:00:00 AM
                      Event Event Trigger "thermostat 6AM 77 degrees AC" Any Ideas? This works fine.
                      Can you post screen shots of the events with everything expanded in them and the Status Graphics tab of the setpoint device? Might help in spotting any anomalies.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

FWIW, I'm seeing the same thing after having moved my Z-NET (higher up no less), even though I've rescanned, optimized, fully optimized, etc., the thermostat a few times. Specifically, not all temperature report backs are being "caught" or seen by the Z-NET.

Interestingly, when the Z-NET was on the *floor* I didn't have these issues.

Therefore, at least in my case, I'm chalking this up to poor communication from the thermostat to the interface, for whatever reason. We have two thermostats that are separated from one another by less than five feet (condo used to be two 1-br units that were converted to one 2-br unit, but the HVAC remained as previously) -- the *closer* one is the one that is having problems. But, it faces away from the Z-NET, whereas the other faces sideways.

What I may try to do is reposition the Z-NET again.

What I do not understand is whether the z-wave protocol has some sort of "re-transmit" capability. That is, I would think that the thermostat would tell the controller, "hey, I just reported something," and if the controller doesn't say back, "thanks dude," the thermostat would retransmit the packets in question. That doesn't appear to be the case, tho?

There could definitely be some sort of interference going on in my scenario. I'm hoping at some point to catch a failure of the Z-NET not getting the temperature report back, and doing an optimize-optimize-fully optimize sequence at that time. We're in a relatively small (yet spacious by Seattle standards) high-rise condo unit, single floor, but our building overlooks one of the local TV stations with its full complement of satellite antennas. We haven't had any RF issues with a different frequency (what Somfy uses -- I think 4xx MHz), but our neighbor who is closer to the TV station had to have her motorized blinds hardwired for control due to interference.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                          Can you post screen shots of the events with everything expanded in them and the Status Graphics tab of the setpoint device? Might help in spotting any anomalies.

Cheers
                          Al
                          Sure
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK after asking me to post the status graphics I decided to change the values on the room temp from
                            -2147483648 - 2147483647
                            To
                            -49 - 151.
                            I was thinking the room temp was messing up. I kept getting
                            Room Thermostat Room Temperature Set to INVALID VALUE

So now (tonight anyway) the event triggered and the temp changed.

But I'm still getting
                            Room Thermostat Room Temperature Set to INVALID VALUE

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Comparing your screen shots to those for my thermostats, everything looks exactly the same. Try deleting the device and rescanning the root device. You'll have to update any events referencing it with the recreated device. Do you have the same issue when you try to set the heat setpoint?

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X