Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get correct time format in emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get correct time format in emails?

I have some events that send emails and I'm using the $time variable to embed the current time in the email. This comes out in 12-hour format despite my system being configured for 24-hour time and the HS3 web UI showing me 24-hour time.

How do I get the time in my emails to not be 12-hour?

A couple of options that I see are to create a virtual device that holds the time in the format that you want, and the other one is to send the email through a script as you can format the time in the script more easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks. Is there some easy way to set a device's status string to the current 24-hour time without learning HS scripting?

Comment

Originally posted by Eug View Post
        Thanks. Is there some easy way to set a device's status string to the current 24-hour time without learning HS scripting?
        You can create an event to run a single line script. The single line script to use would be:

Code:
        &nhs.SetDeviceString(6372,DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm"),True)
        Run the event once a minute, referenced to the top of the hour and change 6372 to the reference id of your virtual device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1187238

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Awesome. Thank you!

Comment

Awesome. Thank you!
            You're welcome. On further review, it will be better to use this function as it generates no log entries:

Code:
            &hs.SetDeviceString 6372, FormatDateTime(Time,4),True
            &nhs uses a vb.net script and when it generates those, there's an entry in the log every time. Using &hs uses vbscript which does not generate the log entries. The syntax for the vbscript call is a bit different.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Oh, even better. The logging was getting annoying, and my searches told me there was no way around it.

Comment

Oh, even better. The logging was getting annoying, and my searches told me there was no way around it.
                I put in a Bugzilla for it to see if HS can add a way to suppress those as well.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Working...
                X