Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to handle the media station state machine

Hi,

I have a state machine based on events, z-wave device power consumption measurements, timers and virtual devices to control my media center.

The functions I have and want to keep up do date easily when changing devices in my home are to:
    When the TV is turned on using the remote control set up the amplifiers to route the sound from the TV to the speakers.
    Same as above when the TV is turned on using HST.
    When Sonos goes to play change the amplifiers to route sound from Sonos to speakers.
    When stereo is turned on using HST, make Sonos play radio control the amplifiers to route from Sonos to speakers.
    Same as above when any of the amplifiers are turned on using the power button on the amplifiers or remote control.
    When the bluray player is turned on using remote or power button, turn on TV, route stereo to take sound from bluray to speakers and TV.
    When the HTPC is turned on using remote or power button, turn on TV, route stereo to take sound from HTPC to speakers and TV.

This is a bit of a mess and I always feel lucky when I after changing some device get it to work again.

How would you set this control up? Would it be using events or can all this be done in some well structured state machine in a script? I would like to have the state machine on paper first so that I can see that it will work there, and then in a simple way change the events or script or what ever so that it works like the paper version where it is simple to see what will happen. (I guess there are state machine softwares that can be used).

How do you guys control your media center?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...re_pid=1240244

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X