Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecolink PIR-ZWAVE2 Z-Wave Motion Sensor

Hello Again!
    I have a new Ecolink PIR-ZWAVE2 Z-Wave Motion Sensor which I have set for... motion in the garage turns on light..The event works fine.

Now I would like the garage light to turn off after 10 minutes. Unless I'm working in there. Then I would like the light to stay on and when I leave the garage I'll turn if off. Doable?
    Thanks,
    Art

Originally posted by scg View Post
    Hello Again!
    I have a new Ecolink PIR-ZWAVE2 Z-Wave Motion Sensor which I have set for... motion in the garage turns on light..The event works fine.

Now I would like the garage light to turn off after 10 minutes. Unless I'm working in there. Then I would like the light to stay on and when I leave the garage I'll turn if off. Doable?
    Thanks,
    Art
    It's doable if you want to have the light on constant if you also add a Z-wave switch (Create two events to enable/disable = example run emmediate script command: &hs.DisableEvent"Garage Light") to over ride the motion detector event and add on the same event for z-wave to keep the light on constant and off if you pressed the switch when you leave for the reverse order.

Should you forget to turn off the light if you leave then include the enable/disable events in other events like say when Away or Time to sleep.

Note : leave the time trap on the motion event!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      It's doable if you want to have the light on constant if you also add a Z-wave switch (Create two events to enable/disable = example run emmediate script command: &hs.DisableEvent"Garage Light") to over ride the motion detector event and add on the same event for z-wave to keep the light on constant and off if you pressed the switch when you leave for the reverse order.

Should you forget to turn off the light if you leave then include the enable/disable events in other events like say when Away or Time to sleep.

Eman.
      Wow, that's a little over my head. Any way I could get an example? I never used script commands.
      Thanks

Comment

Look in the event clinic forum. This is the most requested thing to do and in there, you have lots of examples.

Comment

Wow, that's a little over my head. Any way I could get an example? I never used script commands.
          Thanks

Here are some baby steps.

Note : the devices are different from yours.
          Look at the images below.

EDIT : The bottom is missing the next step for z-wave to keep the light on. You just add it on.

Eman.
          Attached Files

Comment

Event 1 turns the lights on. (I use my door sensors as well as the motion detector, so you can ignore that part.) Also note I only turn on automatically at night.
            Event 2 starts or restarts a delay timer. Its triggered whenever the lights goes on and there is no motion, or when the motion sensor stops seeing motion. Note that for the lights it's the "value set to ON", not "changes and becomes", so if a door is opened again the timer starts over.
            Event 3 cancels the timer if motion is detected.
            Attached Files

Comment

Eman.
              Here are some baby steps.

Note : the devices are different from yours.
              Look at the images below.

EDIT : The bottom is missing the next step for z-wave to keep the light on. You just add it on.

Eman.
              Thanks!!! My events look a little different than yours minus the X10
              Does this look correct?
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!!! My events look a little different than yours minus the X10
                Does this look correct?

NO,

In the first event switch on the light then the WAIT between and after that the light will turn off automatically after the the 10 min.

In the manual event click in the check box for immediate script command, another option will come up, when you click in the aspace a yellow box pops up for you to input the text to submit. e.g : hs.DisableEvent"...................." Note : the event must reflect the exact text in the event name you created earlier.

Look again at my event.

EDIT : Let the motion sensor control the light automatically in the first event regardless of the time of the day for now. You can add other options later.
                : MOTION detected ======> LIGHT ON, =======> WAIT 10 min =========> LIGHT OFF (That's the first event)

: SWITCH PRESSED ======> LIGHT ON but the script command also disables the "MOTION" event and the third event SWITCH PRESSED again ====> LIGHT OFF but will also enables the MOTION detected event.

Now, the act of pressing the switch is as to HomeSeer system is AUTOMATIC. So base your last two events on when the z-wave switch is pressed (Toggle) . In my case I just made a Manual event because I wanted to highlight how to enable/disable an event for a while when doing your work. Start off in the MOTION event with at least 1 min so you can see that what you are doing is happening, not wait the full 10 mins. But also you will have stay still or cover the sensor otherwise the light will come on again!

Event 2
                IF z-wave switch (NOTE : This switch is one of HomeSeer devices and doesn't have to be part of the Garage Light wiring) is prtessed "THEN GARAGE LIGHT ON"

Then Run immediate script command &hs.DisableEvent"MOTION DETECTED"

Event 3
                IF z-wave switch (NOTE : This switch is one of HomeSeer devices and doesn't have to be part of the Garage Light wiring) is prtessed "THEN GARAGE LIGHT OFF"

Then Run immediate script command &hs.EnableEvent"MOTION DETECTED"

Eman
                Last edited by Eman; October 4, 2016, 05:24 AM.

Comment

HomeSeer Videos!

And remember!, don't give up yet! HomeSeer is Magic!

Check out the YouTube Videos on how to do stuff

Here is one :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUzNulK_zz4

Eman.

Comment

NO,

In the first event switch on the light then the WAIT between and after that the light will turn off automatically after the the 10 min.

In the manual event click in the check box for immediate script command, another option will come up, when you click in the aspace a yellow box pops up for you to input the text to submit. e.g : hs.DisableEvent"...................." Note : the event must reflect the exact text in the event name you created earlier.

Look again at my event.

EDIT : Let the motion sensor control the light automatically in the first event regardless of the time of the day for now. You can add other options later.
                    : MOTION detected ======> LIGHT ON, =======> WAIT 10 min =========> LIGHT OFF (That's the first event)

: SWITCH PRESSED ======> LIGHT ON but the script command also disables the "MOTION" event and the third event SWITCH PRESSED again ====> LIGHT OFF but will also enables the MOTION detected event.

Now, the act of pressing the switch is as to HomeSeer system is AUTOMATIC. So base your last two events on when the z-wave switch is pressed (Toggle) . In my case I just made a Manual event because I wanted to highlight how to enable/disable an event for a while when doing your work. Start off in the MOTION event with at least 1 min so you can see that what you are doing is happening, not wait the full 10 mins. But also you will have stay still or cover the sensor otherwise the light will come on again!

Event 2
                    IF z-wave switch (NOTE : This switch is one of HomeSeer devices and doesn't have to be part of the Garage Light wiring) is prtessed "THEN GARAGE LIGHT ON"

Then Run immediate script command &hs.DisableEvent"MOTION DETECTED"

Event 3
                    IF z-wave switch (NOTE : This switch is one of HomeSeer devices and doesn't have to be part of the Garage Light wiring) is prtessed "THEN GARAGE LIGHT OFF"

Then Run immediate script command &hs.EnableEvent"MOTION DETECTED"

Eman
                    Works like a charm! Thanks for all your help Eman.
                    Art

Comment

Works like a charm! Thanks for all your help Eman.
                      Art
                      You are welcome.
                      Don't forget you can find good help from the Youtube videos.

Enjoy!

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                      X