Event with time range and absolut time as condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event with time range and absolut time as condition

I have set a time range in easy trigger for my evening lights. that range is sunset +45 mins until 11.00 pm. That's all working fine. But now coming to winter time I realised ther lights come on too early, so would like to set an earliest time to come on but not sure if it will work that way. At the moment I have:

IF The time enters EveningLights time range

AND IF Virtual Switches Virtual Switches House state has a value equal to House Occupied

Then Set Device Lights Garden Water feature lights to On

If I add another 'and if time is after 6 pm', would that work as expected ? Meaning if its in the evening lights range and after 6pm the lights will come on, but also if the evening lights range is lets say 7 pm (in the summer) then it would come on at 7 pm, not 6 pm

Have you tried the OR IF option?

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
      I have set a time range in easy trigger for my evening lights. that range is sunset +45 mins until 11.00 pm. That's all working fine. But now coming to winter time I realised ther lights come on too early, so would like to set an earliest time to come on but not sure if it will work that way. At the moment I have:

AND IF Virtual Switches Virtual Switches House state has a value equal to House Occupied

If I add another 'and if time is after 6 pm', would that work as expected ? Meaning if its in the evening lights range and after 6pm the lights will come on, but also if the evening lights range is lets say 7 pm (in the summer) then it would come on at 7 pm, not 6 pm

It will not work as you describe. The answer from Eman will work fine. This will turn the lights on when entering your EveningLights schedule or at 6:00PM - whichever is later:

AND IF The time is after 6:00PM
      AND IF Lights Garden Water features are Off

OR IF The time is 6:00PM
      AND IF The time is in EveningLights time range
      AND IF Lights Garden Water features are Off

Comment

I was quite sure it wouldn't work but couldn't get my head around it, but yes now its clear with the or if.

Comment

Working...
        X