Does this event have a single trigger ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this event have a single trigger ?

The log certainly shows it only runs once. The wording on this particular event triggers look more like a condition. I am not sure what the difference is between using the "Had its value set to" and "changes and becomes"

Click image for larger version

Name:	occupancy nite.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1210088

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
    The log certainly shows it only runs once. The wording on this particular event triggers look more like a condition. I am not sure what the difference is between using the "Had its value set to" and "changes and becomes"
    Your event has a single trigger and a single condition. The triggers should make sense as they are worded correctly. A device can have its value "set" without changing. The trigger "This device had its value set to On" will trigger whenever the devices value is set to On, even if it was already On. "This device changes and becomes On" will only trigger if it is changed to On from a value other than On. The reasoning is for devices like remote controls, where you may press button 1 at morning and press the same button at night. The device's value doesn't change at night, but its value is "set".

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1187376

There is some ambiguity in the wording in conditions as it reads differently when picking the condition than when it is collapsed. When it is expanded for picking the condition the bottom three read more like triggers.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1187374

The correct wording is when it is collapsed.

Name:	Capture1.png
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1187375

Comment

Thanks again. That looks like it will be very useful. I see how that would be especially useful for keypad events and X-10 RF events.

Comment

Working...
      X