Time Range not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Range not working

I can't get this event to function properly. The part where it should only function from 9pm to daylight doesn't seem to be working. Ideas?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    I can't get this event to function properly. The part where it should only function from 9pm to daylight doesn't seem to be working. Ideas?
    There is an automatic end of the day at midnight. Your condition is actually only good from 9:00 until midnight.

Take a look at this thread.
    Last edited by randy; October 12, 2016, 12:22 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Not to completely highjack the thread, but didn't there used to be a trigger for "Is nighttime" or "Is daytime"? I thought there was, but I cannot find it.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
        Not to completely highjack the thread, but didn't there used to be a trigger for "Is nighttime" or "Is daytime"? I thought there was, but I cannot find it.
        There cannot be a Trigger "Is nighttime". A Trigger is a specific time so you have "The time is Sunrise/Sunset" because those are specific times, not a range of times. A Trigger cannot cover a range of time such as nighttime.

There is a Condition "The time is nighttime", because a Condition can cover a range.

Comment

There IS actually a 'Nighttime' entry, but I couldn't get that to work either.
          Attached Files

Comment

I take that back, I'm not sure I sued the Sunset to Sunrise condition as it would have interfered with another event.
            So does this look correct?
            Attached Files

Comment

I take that back, I'm not sure I sued the Sunset to Sunrise condition as it would have interfered with another event.
              So does this look correct?
              Yes, that will do it. Understand that the conditions only apply to the second trigger (OR IF) and do not apply to the first. If you want the conditions to apply to both triggers, you will need to duplicate both of them.

Comment

There IS actually a 'Nighttime' entry, but I couldn't get that to work either.
                Yes, but that nighttime is a Condition, not a Trigger. "sonypoolplr" was looking for a Trigger. Nighttime should work fine. As was stated in the thread I pointed you to in post #2 above, nighttime is the only condition that crosses the midnight transition from one day to the next.

I use Spud's Easy Trigger, linked in my signature below, as it easily handles schedules that cross from one day to the next.

Comment

Yes, that will do it. Understand that the conditions only apply to the second trigger (OR IF) and do not apply to the first. If you want the conditions to apply to both triggers, you will need to duplicate both of them.
                  I don't understand. Is my code correct now, or do I need to duplicate something?

Comment

I don't understand. Is my code correct now, or do I need to duplicate something?

Right now your event will trigger on the 2nd floor sensor 24hrs a day and on the foyer sensor between 8pm and sunrise. If you want the time condition on the 2nd floor sensor also, then add the same conditions (AND IFs) to that
                    cheeryfool

Comment

I'm afraid I totally blew it on my first response. I didn't read through your event carefully enough.

Your first trigger will cause the event to run any time that the 2nd Floor Hallway Motion Sensor (Motion) changes and becomes Motion, it will not be restricted to between 8:00PM and sunrise. If you want the time restrictions to affect either trigger the conditions would have to e duplicated.

Also I neglected to notice your second condition "The time is this before sunrise". That condition will not work, because it is only true at that one specific time. The proper condition is "The time is after this but before sunrise".

If you correct the second condition, your conditions also cannot both be true at the same time so you will have to duplicate the triggers as well. Your first condition is true only from 8:00PM until midnight, the second conditition is only true after midnight but before sunrise, rendering your second condition false whenever the first is true.

The event probably should look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1187391

This event will run whenever motion is detected at either sensor, but only between 8:00PM and sunrise. If you want to get more flexibility such as conditions that are true from a certain number of minutes before or after sunset to a certain number of minutes before or after sunrise, you should probably use a virtual device or look into Easy Trigger.

Comment

Yea, I would have never figured that out. lol
                        What about this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

ok, I see what you're saying in your last post about conflicting triggers. hmmm...

Comment

Yea, I would have never figured that out. lol
                            What about this?
                            That will be a problem as Uncle Michael pointed out in the other thread. You need to change the trigger to "This device changes and becomes..." instead of "is set to". The reason being is that a device can be "set to" Off, even if it is already Off. If you have a pair of events synchronizing two devices, it will constantly trigger - as you discover. If you use "changes and becomes" the device actually has to change values in order to trigger.

Easy trigger works well for this.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1187393

The above event will cause two other dimmers to be set to match a dimmer whenever its value changes. If I set the one to 10% the other two will be set. If I set the one to Off the other two will be set to Off. If your devices are slow to report, add a short delay like this to give the one device a chance to report its new value, before setting the others.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1187394

EDIT: You changed the attachment in the post I was quoting while I was responding, so this reply doesn't make sense. The attachment you originally attached was in this thread at post #3.

Comment

How about this?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X