Check Locks - conditions always skipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Locks - conditions always skipped

I am trying to make an event to check the state of the door locks after the alarm is armed. I created an event to check each door. These are called from the event which is executed when the alarm is armed. I am using IFTTT to tell homeseer the alarm is armed, so there is a third event that IFTTT triggers which then triggers the alarm armed event. My problem is that regardless of what I try, the door check conditions are always skipped and I get warnings that the doors are not locked. I have used the "If event conditions are true" advanced option, but still no luck. I'm hoping someone can tell me what is wrong with this sequence. The events are attached. Thanks.

Current Date/Time: 11/2/2016 10:07:54 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 22 Hours 21 Minutes 5 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.165.16
    Number of Devices: 185
    Number of Events: 78
    Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.20.13608: Blue-Iris
    3.0.0.10: Ecobee
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.6055.22061: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try? Is there something strange with using OR IF? I've tried what I've been able to find searching the forum, but at this point am out of ideas. This doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

Comment

When you try to manually run just the door check, I am assuming you are getting the alert that the doors are unlocked? Have you tried to take some of the conditions out of the mix to see if you can find the one that is causing it to trip?

I do something similar, but I only check to see if the door is unlocked or jammed.

Comment

I've tried taking everything out except the door locked condition. I've also tried using different logic for the door not locked condition but the door unlocked alerts always run. I've also verified that the door locks are actually reporting locked and are not reporting any of the jammed or failed conditions. Also, this occurs for all 3 door locks. The door unlocked alerts occur if I manually run the event or if it is called from the alarm armed event.

Comment

I think you need to change the 'Of ifs' to be the same form as the first trigger, that is

Or If this event is manually triggered
          And If next condition

And If next condition

And If next condition
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I think you need to change the 'Of ifs' to be the same form as the first trigger, that is

And If next condition

And If next condition

And If next condition

Good catch. Totally spaced on the need for a trigger and condition.

Comment

I made the changes to the OR IF statements, but still have the same problem. I think now it may have something to do with the communication between homeseer and the locks. The events always fail the first time they are run, even though the lock state is correct, then succeed every time after until the state of the locks are changed. I'll take a look an see if anyone else is having similar issues with Schlage locks. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X