Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to test for the previous state without using virtual devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to test for the previous state without using virtual devices?

I am writing an event for the DSC panel and Envisalink plugin where I'd like to know the previous state of the panel so that I can do the following:

If alarm is now Disarmed
    and if alarm WAS Violated
    then send message System Restored

I've got this running using virtual devices but I am wondering if there is some way to do tests like that without VDs It would be nice if I could use "If this device had its state set to" however that looks to be a trigger rather than a condition.

Thanks for your input and ideas.

Spud's Easy Trigger, linked in my signature below.

"This Device's value was and becomes..." will do what you want, among many other useful Triggers, Conditions and Actions. What you want will only work as a Trigger because it needs to be true at the point of transition, it cannot "know" what a device's value was a minute or an hour ago.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Spud's Easy Trigger, linked in my signature below.

"This Device's value was and becomes..." will do what you want, among many other useful Triggers, Conditions and Actions. What you want will only work as a Trigger because it needs to be true at the point of transition, it cannot "know" what a device's value was a minute or an hour ago.
      Thank you for the tip. I think I blew my 30day preview of that plugin because I uninstalled it after one or two days. I will give it a second look though.

Comment

Working...
      X