Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set off an event based on a switch double tap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set off an event based on a switch double tap?

I have an event that is triggered on HS3 Touch. How can I run that same event by linking it to a double tap on a wall switch?

Just started last week. Sorry for the NOOB question!

Current Date/Time: 11/29/2016 4:22:46 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.280
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 10 Days 3 Hours 42 Minutes 49 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.24
    Number of Devices: 36
    Number of Events: 5
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Select the "had its value set to" If condition. One example I use:
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and the screen capture. I'll try that this evening when I get home!

Comment

BTW, I presumed the switch you are double tapping is a HS-Wx100 wall switch which is what my example is from. I'm not aware of any other switches that support double taps.

Comment

Playing with this remotely from the office . . .

I don't see how to get this:

"IF First Floor Back Porch Light Multilevel Central Scene had its value set to Scent 002 Key Pressed Twice"

using the drop down menu which pops out after my "IF" statement.

I am using a HomeSeer switch, but I was hoping to use a dimmer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WAR View Post
            Playing with this remotely from the office . . .

I don't see how to get this:

"IF First Floor Back Porch Light Multilevel Central Scene had its value set to Scent 002 Key Pressed Twice"

using the drop down menu which pops out after my "IF" statement.

I am using a HomeSeer switch, but I was hoping to use a dimmer.
            Trigger: IF A Device's Value Is > This Device Had its Value Set To..

Then you just need to select the Central Scene Device and choose the appropriate value.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you Mark.

Can the double tap work on a HS dimmer switch?

Comment

Originally posted by WAR View Post
                Thank you Mark.

Can the double tap work on a HS dimmer switch?
                Yes, both switches and dimmers respond to single, double and triple tap on/off.

Michael
                Michael

Comment

Thank you, Michael!

Comment

What is the "custom value" to indicate "Scene 002 Key pressed twice"?

Comment

Just in case someone finds this thread and also is in need of an answer.

The main problem was that my recently purchased HomeTroller S6 Pro had a software version in which the auto update function for the software was not working and my software contained a bug. (I can't understand why there wasn't a process to notify customers of this issue).

Once I accessed and ran an update .exe file on the HomeTroller, the necessary information came up to allow me to accomplish my objective.

The updated software allowed me to select the IF dropdown "This device changes and becomes . . ", from the next dropdown "Lights Den Fireplace Spots Central Scene", and the final dropdown "Scene 001 Key Pressed Twice".

It took many calls and emails to support but I now know and understand how to do this!

Comment

What is the difference in Scene 001 and Scene 002? Is this the up and down button? if so, which is which?

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
                          What is the difference in Scene 001 and Scene 002? Is this the up and down button? if so, which is which?
                          001 is the top paddle and 002 is the bottom.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks, got it working! I have several exterior light circuits. Using the double tap on/off to turn on/off all exterior lights, with a 2sec delay between switches, just for fun.

Can you describe some on the press and hold function?

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
                              Thanks, got it working! I have several exterior light circuits. Using the double tap on/off to turn on/off all exterior lights, with a 2sec delay between switches, just for fun.

Can you describe some on the press and hold function?
                              We have a number of motion controlled lights around the house, all controlled by HS-Wx100+ switches. We have found there are times we don't want the lights to turn on with motion or to turn off when there is none.
                              • A press and hold of the bottom button will suspend motion control until the next time the light is controlled manually or until the end of the day.
                              • A press and hold of the top paddle will prevent the lights from turning off automatically after the motion timeout.
                              • A double tap of the top paddle on a dimmer will set to to maximum brightness
                              • A double tap of the bottom paddle on a dimmer will return the lights to the default brightness for that time of day. We currently have:
                                • Daytime
                                • Daytime low light (highly overcast)
                                • Twilight (morning and evening)
                                • Nighttime house awake
                                • Nighttime house asleep
                              • A triple tap of the bottom paddle suspends all motion control until restored by a triple tap of the top paddle

Temporary motion control suspension is ended each night at midnight, or when the light is manually operated. The master motion disable will remain that way until restored with a triple tap of the switch or manual control of the virtual device through HSTouch or the Device Manager.

All dimmers will come on at a default brightness based upon the 5 conditions above. The default levels for each period are set by virtual devices for each light.

We made the behavior consistent for every motion controlled device so that it was easy to remember for my wife. We also use multi-tap controls on other switches to control household functions, the hall light switch outside the bedrooms controls house asleep/awake. Other switches may control lighting scenes.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                              X