Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run event on all days except specified

Hi Guys,

I'd like to turn off a light at 11pm every single day of the year, except for Christmas and New Years day. I'd like the light to stay on for those days.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this except with Else If logic that isn't available in HomeSeer.

Please help!

I would create a virtual device that I would turn on those days (and off at the end of each of those days), and then use the status of that device as a condition to the event that turns the light off at 11. You could use "The date is" condition as well and go to each month except December, select Any Day & Any Year and click on a day in each month. For December select the days in December, except the ones you want to exclude, using the Any Year option. That would look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1188013

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It would look something like this collapsed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1188014

Just realized you said New Year's Day, but the example is for new Year's Eve. Adjust accordingly.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        I would create a virtual device that I would turn on those days (and off at the end of each of those days), and then use the status of that device as a condition to the event that turns the light off at 11.
        That's how I'd do it too. The event to turn on the device would look something like this. Adjust device name and times to match your needs.
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

This is all pretty convoluted. I figure I'll just do it manually on those days...

Thanks,
          Nicholas

Comment

Working...
          X