Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage door open triggering lights, if not already on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have figured out a way... I've discovered timers. Let me know if I'm headed in the right direction

- I want the lights on at sunset, and to go off at about 10p every night, and be on during this time regardless of garage door.
    - After 10p lights stay on if the garage door has been opened, until 5 min after garage door is closed.

===EVENTS===
    - Event 1, at sunset, turn lights on
    - Event 2, Garage open turns lights on, stop Timer
    - Event 3, Garage closed restarts Timer
    - Event 4, When 10p, and garage door is closed, restart Timer (to turn lights off for the night)
    - Event 5, When timer is 5min, and after 10p and before sunrise, turn lights off

Comment

I think timers is the way to go. My garage leads directly into my basement so I have the action of opening the door between the garage and the basement turn on the basement lights, and they go off 15 minutes after either garage door closes. The problem was, if I was working in the basement 15 minutes after my wife or son came home, the lights would go off and leave me in the dark.

My solution was to install a couple of Fibaro motion sensors and use timers. When a garage door closes, it starts a timer. But whenever my motion sensors are tripped they reset the timer. Result, the lights never go out if someone is in the basement. Another event turns the lights off when the timer hits 15 minutes. Works great.

If you can't figure it out let me know and I'll post pictures. Busy studying for finals right now, so I don't have the time at the moment.

Comment

Working...
      X