Event --> Element Name (Screen:Name) for "ALL" Screens not just One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event --> Element Name (Screen:Name) for "ALL" Screens not just One

Is there a way inside an Event to Trigger "ALL" Element Names on "ALL" HSTouch screens to do the same thing.

For example:

I have an Event that will Change an Element URL Property named "CurrentStatus"

The problem is I have many HSTouch screens (over 75) and each of these have the "CurrentStatus" Element Name that I need to change whenever I click "ONE" Button.

*Basically a Header on every screen that needs to report the same status.

Inside the Event --> HSTouch Action, it says "Element Name (Screen:Name).

Is there not a way to change this on "ALL" Screens without creating 75 different THEN options for the Event?

** I have tried the following and it didn't work: *:CurrentStatus

Thanks

Do they all have static names and do you have a list of them? You could write a script that looked through a list of them and sent the command.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Do they all have static names and do you have a list of them? You could write a script that looked through a list of them and sent the command.
      They are all called the same thing: "CurrentStatus"

Just on different "Screens" in HSTouch.

Unless there is a way to have a Static Header and Footer in HSTouch and have all the Screens use the same Header and Footer that way you only have to edit 1 Header Screen and 1 Footer Screen for all Screens.

Comment

Have you considered just one screen that stays on top and have the one element on that screen?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

The more pressing question, 75 screens? What are you doing over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Have you considered just one screen that stays on top and have the one element on that screen?

Could someone explain this one to me? Sounds interesting.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I didn't think one screen could be placed ontop of the other while still letting you manipulate the screens below it while still keeping said screen in focus and ontop....

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaQuest View Post
                I didn't think one screen could be placed ontop of the other while still letting you manipulate the screens below it while still keeping said screen in focus and ontop....
                I dont believe it works on iOS. Not sure about android though.
                HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
                68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
                UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  I dont believe it works on iOS. Not sure about android though.
                  doesn't work on Windows either as that is what I use for HSTouch.

Thanks

Comment

Yes,
                    It's possible to make things happen the way you want. In my case I have a full screen for my iPad with all the device main buttons on the sides and the power, home and main volume slider for AMP at the bottom. So if you press any of the buttons on the sides they call upon the smaller screens which come up in the center on top of the main screen to do other things ie; Rooms ===>lights....., Media ===> remotes and Cameras. All the button close the other screens but not the main screen.

BUT: The power button open a large screen (size= as main) with a bar with 2 buttons for shutdown systems to confirm YES or NO either of which take you back to the main screen
                    I also have the ADMIN screen (this you can choose to protect with a password) where I put things which otherwise be less important stuff to other users like gauges, graphs or charts..........etc. For the best idea how to do that check out: http://www.guifx.com/images/product_..._flowchart.pdf

Eman.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

They are all called the same thing: "CurrentStatus"

Just on different "Screens" in HSTouch.

Unless there is a way to have a Static Header and Footer in HSTouch and have all the Screens use the same Header and Footer that way you only have to edit 1 Header Screen and 1 Footer Screen for all Screens.
                      I meant the client names apologies, if you had a list of the clients names then you could just run through all of the clients in a script and send the actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                        Yes,
                        It's possible to make things happen the way you want. In my case I have a full screen for my iPad with all the device main buttons on the sides and the power, home and main volume slider for AMP at the bottom. So if you press any of the buttons on the sides they call upon the smaller screens which come up in the center on top of the main screen to do other things ie; Rooms ===>lights....., Media ===> remotes and Cameras. All the button close the other screens but not the main screen.

BUT: The power button open a large screen (size= as main) with a bar with 2 buttons for shutdown systems to confirm YES or NO either of which take you back to the main screen
                        I also have the ADMIN screen (this you can choose to protect with a password) where I put things which otherwise be less important stuff to other users like gauges, graphs or charts..........etc. For the best idea how to do that check out: http://www.guifx.com/images/product_..._flowchart.pdf

Eman.
                        Funny you said this. I am currently working and testing something like this.

1. Basically I created an "Index" screen with the full size of my Windows Tablet screen (1280x720) *I had to do this to keep the Taskbar from showing up ontop of the Screens....

2. I created a Header Screen with a Size of 72x1280 and a "Top" value of 0
                        3. I created a Footer Screen with a Size of 158x1280 and a "Top" value of 562
                        4. I created a Home Screen (or this is where all the screens will be so this screen will be duplicated) with a Size of 490x1280 and a "Top" value of 72.

This way the Header and Footer only load once and I just open screens "On Top of others"

I do have the Headers "Home" button to load the Index file By itself and then opening the Header, Footer, and Home Screens ontop of the Index screen....

So far it appears to be working in Windows....

Now I need to convert all my screens to this new format............

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          I meant the client names apologies, if you had a list of the clients names then you could just run through all of the clients in a script and send the actions.
                          Only have 1 Client (HSTouch), but each Screen (close to 75 Screens) had this Same Image Name "CurrentStatus" that Needed to change on "Every" screen at once.

Comment

Only have 1 Client (HSTouch), but each Screen (close to 75 Screens) had this Same Image Name "CurrentStatus" that Needed to change on "Every" screen at once.
                            To simplify your project is to section your CurrentStatus into sub-sections say CurrentRoom ====> so those screens you control want but on the left have other room buttoms to take to and from those rooms with their controls as well as viewing their status. In my case when I click the lights button on the main screen, that opens up the main room (media room===> smaller than the main screen) with controls for the lights (Movie, Reading, ambient plus the sliders and buttons) but also 2 more buttons (Admin screen and of course the Rooms button) all that happens in the center of the main screen and the buttons on the main screen still accessible.

Eman.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
                            X