False Alarms on garage door status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False Alarms on garage door status

I have the following event set up. I'd like HS to periodically check that the garage door is closed. If it is open, then send me an email/text. Every day I am getting text indicating the door is open... but it is closed. And the door control is saying it is closed. baffled.

thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
    I have the following event set up. I'd like HS to periodically check that the garage door is closed. If it is open, then send me an email/text. Every day I am getting text indicating the door is open... but it is closed. And the door control is saying it is closed. baffled.

thanks
    You need to add the And If condition to every If and Or If, not just the last one.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

ah. I think I see. So currently, my "and if" statement is attached to the 9:00am condition, hence there is no gray line spacer between the two?

I was doing this all as one event, I guess to simplify organization. Is it better to do completely separate events for each time slot?

Comment

Is this looking better? thanks!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
          Is this looking better? thanks!!
          That's it! You could use separate events, but if the Action is exactly the same, then a single event is a cleaner way IMHO.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X