Event issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event issue

Can someone help me figure out why this event is triggering even though it is not supposed to based on time

Event screenshot attached

Logs

Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Lobby Pot Lights Set to 0
    Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Main Door Frontdoor Lights Set to 0
    Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Main Door Top Pot Lights Set to 0
    Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Main Door Front Pot Lights Set to 0
    Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Lobby Pot Lights to Off (0)
    Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Main Door Frontdoor Lights to Off (0)
    Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Main Door Top Pot Lights to Off (0)
    Dec-31 9:48:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Main Door Front Pot Lights to Off (0)
    Dec-31 9:43:24 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Door Door Lock Set to Locked
    Dec-31 9:43:24 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Door Notification Set to 111
    Dec-31 9:43:13 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Mohit Entered Home
    Dec-31 9:43:11 AM Device Control Device: Home Security Siren to Off (0)
    Dec-31 9:43:11 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Lobby Pot Lights Set to 99
    Dec-31 9:43:11 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Main Door Frontdoor Lights Set to 255
    Dec-31 9:43:11 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Main Door Top Pot Lights Set to 255
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Z-Wave Device: Home Main Door Front Pot Lights Set to 255
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Door Door Lock Set to Unlocked
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Lobby Pot Lights to On (99)
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Main Door Frontdoor Lights to On (255)
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Main Door Top Pot Lights to On (255)
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Device Control Device: Home Main Door Front Pot Lights to On (255)
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Event Event Trigger "Lights Lights On After Unlock"
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Event Event Trigger "Siren Siren Sound 5 88 dB"
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Event Event Trigger "Siren 1 Second Siren"
    Dec-31 9:43:10 AM Event Event Trigger "Locks Mohit Entered Home"
    Attached Files

Yeah that's weird. It shouldn't be running. In fact, the chances of that event ever running are slim to none. What are the chances of you unlocking the door at exactly 8:21 PM? Also the conditions are somewhat redundant. The after sunset condition isn't needed because 3 hours and 30 minutes after sunset is already after sunset. I'd try adjusting the event to make it more useful and see if things sort out. You may have exposed a bug that nobody has ever seen because it's such an impractical event.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Are you calling the event from another event? If so, the conditions are ignored unless you check "Run only if other event conditions are True" in the calling event. This option becomes visible in the "Run another event" action when you click the airplane icon.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Yeah that's weird. It shouldn't be running. In fact, the chances of that event ever running are slim to none. What are the chances of you unlocking the door at exactly 8:21 PM? Also the conditions are somewhat redundant. The after sunset condition isn't needed because 3 hours and 30 minutes after sunset is already after sunset. I'd try adjusting the event to make it more useful and see if things sort out. You may have exposed a bug that nobody has ever seen because it's such an impractical event.
        Actually I wanted this event to trigger only 3 hr and 30 mins after sunset till sunrise as there is another event at sunset to turn on all these lights for 3 hours and 30 mins.

Can you suggest what should I change so both events does not conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoud View Post
          Actually I wanted this event to trigger only 3 hr and 30 mins after sunset till sunrise as there is another event at sunset to turn on all these lights for 3 hours and 30 mins.

Why not use the status of the light as a condition instead then.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

Virtual devices are a great way to control timed events. Look up threads like this:
            https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172120

And search the forum with this format:
            virtual device site:board.homeseer.com
            Jim
            ----
            Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Why not use the status of the light as a condition instead then.

Cheers
              Al
              Great advise....I should start thinking simple and straight

I am still a newbie with this software, bought it last month so will get used to it

Thanks!!!

Comment

I also purchased the Scenemaster plugin. It has the ability to run motion and/or other events to set any lights for a period of time and then revert to last state.
                For instance, my porch light comes on at 30% at sunset. When I unlock door, scene master turns light to 100% for 3 minutes and then reverts to last state.
                Jim
                ----
                Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

Comment

Is it possible to revert to last state of device without any plugin ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it possible to revert to last state of device without any plugin ?
                    Yes. It can be done through a simple script or with single line script commands. The easiest may be to create a virtual device that will hold the value, a single line script to store the value in the virtual device, and then another single line script to read the value from the virtual device and set the value on the real device.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

If it's a dimmer you can just use "Turn on to last level".
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thanks! Virtual devices fixed all my logic issues

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X