Sharing my icons with y'all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi bebaldin-

Sorry for never getting back... I'm out of touch a lot with the forums. I know I have different colors of network and ethernet icons already in the pack that may or may not work for you. I don't use Ubiquiti equipment, so I'm unsure of your needs. Can you post a screenshot of what you're using now? If you want something different, let me know what it is. A sketch or maybe a more detailed description of what you'd like would be helpful. I'll see what I can do to get something integrated.​​

Comment

A suggestion for an addition please. An icon of an envelope (or possibly a mailbox), in a variety of colors (red, green, grey, amber for sure). To be utilized for a sensor on a mailbox to indicate that it's open or closed, or that it is empty or you've got mail (queue classic AOL sound byte) :-) Thanks in advance.

Comment

Let me take a look at this...

Comment

@mcisar-

Here we go... 4-1/2 icons:

Mail Read​
          Mail Unread
          Mail None
          Mailbox
          Mailbox Open (Orange only to go with security icons)

If anyone sees a personal use case for more colors for the open mailbox, let me know and I'll upload them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-06 160531.png Views:	0 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	1574438

Comment

These are fantastic.

What software are you using to make them? And would it be possible to get a copy of a template file? The reason I ask is that I have few special case icons that I use and don't want to nag you to this and that etc. If I could make my own that would be great.

M
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I do the design in Inkscape and then transfer to GIMP to finish off. The image is 256x256px, lines are 12px wide; spaces are usually 8px wide. When scaled to 32px, lines are 1.5px and spaces are 1px. Corners of objects are round, but the ends of lines are generally squared off. In GIMP I add a drop shadow at 45º and the colored background. I can't upload the templates to the forum, but I'd be curious to see what you're looking for and I might me interested in giving it a shot myself if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Comment

There are a few icons that would be useful:

1) barometer for atmospheric pressure......usually a dial guage type design
                2) window shades/roller blinds.......open/up, partially open, and closed/down
                3) power consumption.....kWh
                4) humidity....although the water drop icon is ok for this
                5) temperature set point.......a thermometer with a gear icon
                6) connected and disconnected........to indicate when a device or plugin is connected, usually a plug and socket joined and unjoined, or a chain linked and unlinked

I can find examples of these from other icon sets if that helps.

I'm happy to have a go at these myself if I can get the template files. It's a bit of an ask to get you to do all these.

Thanks you for your good work on these. It's great to have such active community memebrs.

Marty.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I figured out I can drop the template in the google drive folder... It's a GIMP file called status mail.xcf inside the Template folder.

Comment

Connected & Disconnected icons are in the folders

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                      There are a few icons that would be useful:

6) connected and disconnected........to indicate when a device or plugin is connected, usually a plug and socket joined and unjoined, or a chain linked and unlinked

I can find examples of these from other icon sets if that helps.

I'm happy to have a go at these myself if I can get the template files. It's a bit of an ask to get you to do all these.

Thanks you for your good work on these. It's great to have such active community memebrs.

Marty.

Ok Marty... trying to wrap my head around this.

- is this a single icon or a set of icons? If it's a set, how may gradations would be required?

- would the window icon for the security system work if I add an additional value for partially open? I'd add all the colors

- Not sure what you'd want with this one... I'm not interested in doing a bunch of numbers, do you have something else in mind?

- I'll leave this as the water drop

- let me think on this one... i'm afraid this could get a bit cluttered. Do you need one icon or two for hot and cold? I just use a warm and cool thermometer icon for my setpoints

- done (used the chain links)​

Comment

Nice work, thank you for contributing.

For window shades might be best to just have a shade open and close the in between having icons showing increments of 10%?

If you can convince Rich to create a feature that allows us to set default device status value/icons pairs (across all devices new and old, without changing 1-by-1) that would amazing... then again, the world would likely end if more than 1 new HS feature appeared in a single year... so we'd never get to use it

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post

Ok Marty... trying to wrap my head around this.

- is this a single icon or a set of icons? If it's a set, how may gradations would be required?

- would the window icon for the security system work if I add an additional value for partially open? I'd add all the colors

- Not sure what you'd want with this one... I'm not interested in doing a bunch of numbers, do you have something else in mind?

- I'll leave this as the water drop

- let me think on this one... i'm afraid this could get a bit cluttered. Do you need one icon or two for hot and cold? I just use a warm and cool thermometer icon for my setpoints

- done (used the chain links)​
                          1) Just a single icon of a barometer. Like this: https://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/barometer_481430
                          2) Roller blind kind of like these: https://thenounproject.com/browse/ic...roller-blinds/ If you can imagine all open, partial open, and fully closed.
                          3) Don't worry about this one. I can just use the counter icons, as it really a measure of total energy consumed.....for a power meter.
                          4) The water drop if fine. Some people put a % symbol in the drop.....like this: https://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/humidity_1582886
                          5) The setpoint is for thermostat settings, as opposed to measurements. Just a single icon. An icon like this: https://www.pngitem.com/middle/ibTTJ...ings-icon-png/ Basically some way to distinguish a setting as opposed to a measurement.
                          6) The chain icon will be great. But some people like these (5th post down): https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/5555

I don't mean to create a whole lot of work for you. That's why I am happy to make my own from the template SVG.

Thanks again for your time.

Marty.

Comment

Working...
                          X