Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Started

Have HS3 setup on a GigaByte Brix Mini PC with a SmartStick+ installed. PC and HS3 are setup to autostart. I have HomeSeer switches and dimmers installed in the downstairs of my home. I'm ready to go!

Aside from the Quick Start Guide is there a good tutorial available to help me understand the basics of HS3? The forum is great help but it would be nice to get a concise overview of the application. Thanks in advance.

Dave

I just come over from Vera to HomeSeer a few weeks ago and didn't find anything like a high level overview but I'm sure they exist.

You'll need to install the Z-Wave plugin. Go to Plugins-->Manage and click the additional interfaces dropdown. You can select the plugin and install. Then you can click on the Enable at the top next to the plugin to start it (which will spawn a new process).

You can then go to Plugins-->Zwave in the menu and get to the associated pages.

You can add your smartstick+ to HS using these directions
    http://homeseer.com/guides/SmartStic...tart-Guide.pdf

Once it is communicating with the smartstick, you can use ZTool on your phone to remove and add nodes to the network (this controls the radio remotely). You should *always* remove a new node (yes even a brand new one) before trying to add it to the network.

Each time you add a node it will create a device in HS and you can set the name/floor/room on your phone (or later in HS interface). Depending on the device the PC+SmartStick may need to be close to the device to add/remove from network. You may need an extension cord and ethernet if you don't have wifi to use during this process.

Once you get all your devices added you can move onto other plugins or events to focus on automating or enhancing what your home can do.

You can also set codes (like D2 or G20) for you devices in the device config page that you can later use in scripts.

Comment

There's this:
      http://www.homeseer.com/guides/HomeS...tart-Guide.pdf

There are also several youTube videos on using HS.
      https://www.google.com/search?num=10...k1.ea8o0DceFow
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Guys!

@Freakin, Thank you! I have figured most of this out via the Getting Started guide. I appreciate the tip on the codes. Wasn't sure what these were for. Are you using HSTouch? Impressions? Just downloaded it last night and I have not set it up yet. I was going to try ImperiHome as well I used this with Vera and it was pretty straight forward.

@Rupp, Thanks for the links. I will watch them now.

I'm sure I'll figure it all out. Just wanted to see what resources were available.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X