Washer Speaker announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washer Speaker announcement

I'm having a problem with status (Watts) on my EVERSPRING ON-OFF PLUG-IN MODULE WITH POWER METER. When I started off (just installed the module) the status showed 1 watt and as the washer runs the wattage of course changes. At the end of the wash the wattage stays at 25 watts so the voice event never triggers. The washer is off but the status does not return to 1. I'm thinking when off it should read 0 watts.
    Help!
    Thanks,
    Art
    Attached Files

It seems my Z wave plugin was off. The sensor now reports 1 -2 watts.
    The washer is off but the watts fluctuate between 1 and 2 watts...back and forth. So the announcement keeps repeating.

Is there a way to stop it after the first announcement and restart when the "Washer Off" event is triggered again?

Comment

A lot of newer washers have electronic control boards that always draw a little bit of power. For my washer I consider everything over 2W as on, and 2W and below as off, so I would do something similar for yours.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

So have you made a virtual device for the washer? I though you could use just the wattage reading from the module.

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
          So have you made a virtual device for the washer? I though you could use just the wattage reading from the module.
          You can, but I couple it with a virtual device to show the status of the washer.

Comment

Forgive me but I don't understand how to set up the event with just the wattage. It keep going back and forth between 1 and 2 watts and keeps triggering the announcement washer finished.

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
              Forgive me but I don't understand how to set up the event with just the wattage. It keep going back and forth between 1 and 2 watts and keeps triggering the announcement washer finished.
              Yes, virtual device would be best. Something like this, but I would use 3 or 4 watts in your case:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1188472

You also need to turn off the virtual device as part of the event, and create a similar event to turn the virtual device on.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

I'm actually fighting this exact same scenario right now. However, I'm using the Aeon Labs Outlets.

What has been working pretty well, but I'm still tweaking it is using the EasyTrigger plugin to trigger if a value was X then goes to Y.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laundryevent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1188474

The Y value is the difficult part as I've noticed on my washer that it goes through a "sensing phase" and sometimes it's about 5W and others its around 2W... not real sure why yet.

This works for the most part, but I sometimes get a few false positives, but at least it makes the wife check the laundry at some point.

If she complains enough, I'll just set a static Watt value to turn the virtual device on, then setting a timer for the 120 minutes (or so) load time for the off trigger, which will then trigger the announcement.
                Last edited by DoubleDrive; January 8, 2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I use virtual devices and timers for several reasons as explained in post 11 of this thread. I do the same with all of my intermittent usage devices and just adjust the timing. Here is how I track my chest freezer. This freezer never goes longer than 35 minutes without the compressor cycling, so I used 45 minutes for the timer. I graphed the current usage for a couple of weeks to see what the maximum cycle length was.

Refrigerators, washing machines and freezers all have low current times even when they are running. Our new washing machine goes to less than 2 watts for long periods of time when it is running so I make sure the current is low for at least 2 minutes. The above methods have not yielded a false report that I have seen.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK I haven't tried this event yet. I'm finished for the night. See how it looks and if it will work. And let me know if there is a way to test this event without turning on the washer.

Please comment and thank for everyone's help
                    NOTE: I should make the "Check washer on" a higher wattage like 8 watts
                    Attached Files

Comment

The one thing to do is to add the status of the virtual device as conditions, similar to my event. That way you'll prevent recurring triggers.

If Garage usage Water Watts had its value set and is less than 3
                      And If Virtual Washer 7 Garage Washer Control Watts is On
                      Then Set Device Virtual Washer 7 Garage Washer Control Watts to Off

And

If Garage usage Water Watts had its value set and is more than 3
                      And If Virtual Washer 7 Garage Washer Control Watts is Off
                      Then Set Device Virtual Washer 7 Garage Washer Control Watts to On

Cheers
                      Al

PS Would be hard to test without the washer being on. You could create another virtual device to which you manually set values that simulate the wattage and use that rather than the real wattage device.

Comment

Working...
                      X