Need advice Upgrading H2 to H3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice Upgrading H2 to H3

I have H2 currently and upgrading to H3. I have all x10 lighting, motion, etc. I have an Alexa coming as a later Xmas gift in late Jan. I have a Logitech - Harmony Ultimate One with hub. I do have Lorex security cameras but not necessary to tie that in and a Honeywell security system.

What is the best hub to use? Should I get additional Harmony hubs to work in the Alexa and AV equip? Should I switch to something like the Phillips Hue or Samsung Smart Hub? I have a Ti103 and CM11a. Also a W800 RS232 for IR.

I'm running on a computer with Windows 10.

What other advice would anyone have for this upgrade?

Originally posted by Todd Register View Post
    What other advice would anyone have for this upgrade?
    Patience! . . .and welcome to the board.

Take it slowly. Try Jon00's HS2-HS3 connector. It can make it relatively easy to run both together as you make the transition.

Make a hard copy of all your HS2 events. You will have to recreate the functionality manually.

Since you have two X10 interfaces, you can try using one for HS2 and one for HS3. Create HS3 devices for X10. They have to be created manually. The plug-in will not do it for you. Read the X10 forum carefully and follow Mark's instructions for creating an X10 device TO THE LETTER!!!

Look at the RFXCOM plug-in for your W800. (Wireless X10 devices are not "X10 devices" as far as the X10 plug-in is concerned. They will be simple virtual devices.)

Hold off on the fancier stuff until you have the basics working.

Remember that you are doing this because it is entertaining, rewarding and fun.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I think it's worth adding - pick one or the other X-10 interfaces for HS3. You can't change once you create devices. Unlike H2, where you can easily change interfaces i.e. from CM11 to TI103, or vise-versa in HS3 you would need to re-create those devices if you changed interfaces. I picked TI103 and have been happy....

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        I think it's worth adding - pick one or the other X-10 interfaces for HS3. You can't change once you create devices. Unlike H2, where you can easily change interfaces i.e. from CM11 to TI103, or vise-versa in HS3 you would need to re-create those devices if you changed interfaces. I picked TI103 and have been happy....

Robert

Why can't you change between them? Is there things one does that the other doesn't? I've only tested the CM11 and it didn't trigger a lot. I didn't have much time to find out why. I prefer to use the TI103 due to USB.

Comment

Sorry... that was particular to CM15 and Ti103... darn head cold

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Your existing Harmony Hub should work with the existing plugin to control your IR devices/activities.

My preference is to use the Alexa Homeseer SKILL (there are two HS3 interfaces, the skill requires you to say Alexa, tell HomeSeer ......, but is much more flexible). Jon Alexa Helper script is a must.

If you have many HS2 scripts to convert to HS3, you should look into the following tools:

tenScriptAid and tenScripting3

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

Working...
            X