Logs lost on restart - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logs lost on restart - Solved!

For some reason, whenever I restart, I lose all log data. Both the HomeSeer log, and the log data from the UltraLog3 get blanked and I start over from scratch.

Any ideas?
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

What are you running HS3 on?
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

OS is Windows 10 Pro.

Hardware is Dual 8 Core Xeon Processors, 64 GB RAM, over 300 GB free on HS3 Drive. (SSD)

CPU Runs around 30% most of the time (box is also running Blue Iris, Plex, Logitech Media Server, JRiver, Acronis, Hard Disk Sentinel, Expandrive). To avoid IO bottlenecks, Blue Iris captures to a PCIE SSD, and then files copied to a different SSD (on a different controller than the boot/app/HS3 drive), then to mechanical disk.

Memory utilization is usually around 25-30%.

HS3 is set to 999mb size and 90 days. Ultra log is set to retain 72 moths.

I do have a large number of devices, (over 3200) and 60 or so plugins and a hundred or so scripts. I watch logs (both windows and HS) and see no errors.

HS is shutdown and restarted gracefully each Sunday. And each time, the logs (both HS and UltraLog) are wiped clean and started over.

Comment

Try installing HS3 on another PC and with no plugins test to see if you still see this.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Are they really blank, or only displaying new data? My HS log web-page by default only shows data since the last restart and you need to manually change the filter to see more. Both the HS log file and UltraLog use a sqlite database file, so one way to verify is to download sqlitebrowser and check both files. The hs log is the .hsd file under Logs and UltraLog's is the .db3 file under \Data\UltraLog3.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

!!

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Are they really blank, or only displaying new data? My HS log web-page by default only shows data since the last restart and you need to manually change the filter to see more. Both the HS log file and UltraLog use a sqlite database file, so one way to verify is to download sqlitebrowser and check both files. The hs log is the .hsd file under Logs and UltraLog's is the .db3 file under \Data\UltraLog3.

Cheers
            Al
            And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why HomeSeer and scotch don't mix.

I completely missed that the filter resets to last startup. DOH!

Big thanks to Sparkman for the clue-in to the obvious. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
              And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why HomeSeer and scotch don't mix.

I completely missed that the filter resets to last startup. DOH!

Big thanks to Sparkman for the clue-in to the obvious. Much appreciated.
              Great, glad that was it. Apparently beer and gin seem to be ok with HS, so may be worth trying

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                Great, glad that was it. Apparently beer and gin seem to be ok with HS, so may be worth trying

Cheers
                Al
                Hendricks and Tonic is my go to in the summer months. But winter begs for Macallan 18.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
                X