Seeing this sometimes on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob;

I did try the batch file startup suggestion in a few different ways like in conjunction with the "runas" command, in the common startup folder, disabling the built-in Administrator account, etc.

Mind me asking the details of your configuration?

Comment

Okay, I finally got it to work. As per one of the suggestions in the forums, I configured HS3 to run using Task Scheduler. At first I couldn't get the program to fire on Windows startup. I messed with the settings ad infinitum until I found what I think was the problem in the Task Manager application history. When I removed the quotes from the string in the 'Start in:' field, HS3 started with Windows. The quotation marks are still needed in the 'Target:' field though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Grant View Post
        Thanks Bob;

I did try the batch file startup suggestion in a few different ways like in conjunction with the "runas" command, in the common startup folder, disabling the built-in Administrator account, etc.

Mind me asking the details of your configuration?
        Bill,
        I see you have a solution. I will post the method I suggested in case you or anyone else wants to try:

NOTE: My HS3 files are NOT in "Program Files(x86)" as is common--so if yours are you need to add that to the path I suggest

1) Put the following in the "C:\Homeseer HS3" directory and name it "StartHS3.cmd":

cd "C:\Homeseer HS3"
        start HS3.exe
        cls

2) Put the following shortcut in the Windows "Startup" folder with properties of:

Target= startHS3.cmd
        Start In="C:\Homeseer HS3"

Good Luck,
        BobSpen

Comment

Working...
        X