Push notifications on Android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push notifications on Android?

Sorry if this has been discussed but the search capability on this forum leaves much to be desired. I am currently using the excellent Pushover plug-in to send push notifications to my iPhone. However, I really can't stand Apple products, and will be going back to Android once the Galaxy S8 comes out. I switched to HS3 from my old Vera unit after I got the iPhone, so I never worked with HS3 on android before. I see that there is an android version of Imperihome, so I'm good to go there, but I need to setup push notifications when I get the android phone.

Any suggestions?

While on the subject, any general pitfalls to avoid with HS3 on android?

Oh, one other thing; any better client on android than Imperihome? I like Imperihome since I can integrate things not supported on HS3, but would consider any other client as well.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by ufd108 View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed but the search capability on this forum leaves much to be desired. I am currently using the excellent Pushover plug-in to send push notifications to my iPhone. However, I really can't stand Apple products, and will be going back to Android once the Galaxy S8 comes out. I switched to HS3 from my old Vera unit after I got the iPhone, so I never worked with HS3 on android before. I see that there is an android version of Imperihome, so I'm good to go there, but I need to setup push notifications when I get the android phone.

Any suggestions?

While on the subject, any general pitfalls to avoid with HS3 on android?

Thanks in advance.
    There's a Pushover app for Android...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pushover&hl=en

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

To search this board you can use this on Google:
      search terms site:board.homeseer.com
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        There's a Pushover app for Android...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pushover&hl=en

Cheers
        Al
        Thanks Al. Now I feel really dumb...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          To search this board you can use this on Google:
          search terms site:board.homeseer.com
          The problem I had was it came back with too many results; I couldn't find anything relevant because of the large volume of results.

Comment

I've not used pushover, but long before that existed, I used AutoRemote coupled with EventGhost. If I had to do it over with the options of today, I think the Pushover is going to be a more slick setup, but I thought I'd toss out another option to consider.

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I use AutoRemote with Tasker

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Pushbullet Android app

You might also consider Pushbullet which is 2 way and can send pictures from camera feeds. It is not in the updater but a plugin does exist for it.

I like this because I can send the house a command and if it has a pre-configured response then it will perform that task. For instance if you wanted a snapshot from say the garage cam you could set up an event that looks at the incoming events and matches the words and reacts accordingly. This can also be done with email but this is all within the same app.

Comment

Pushover for Android works really well with homeseer. Excellent solution for pushing laundry finished alerts to phones.

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                    I use AutoRemote with Tasker

tenholde
                    Ten,

Do you use AutoRemote DIRECTLY with HomeSeer? Or do you also pass through EventGhost?

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X