Looking for a syslog server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a syslog server

I'm looking for a syslog server. I know that Ultralog has one built into it, but was wondering if there are any other options available.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Many years ago used Windows Server. Today you could probably run it fine on the RPi2 and utilize a USB SSD as your storage rather than the SD card.

Here have on and off used Webmin along with RRD graphing. RRD graphs get large as I quit using them on the PFSense box.

You can do Webmin enterprise monitoring today.

[ATTACH]59254[/ATTACH]

You can now also use one little box which monitors all of the stuff on your network and pushes the info to the cloud such that you can get nice looking graphics on your smartphone.

Here for a bit got involved with a company in Italy that created a product just for that type of use. Initially it was beta testing the software; then the company came up with a small ARM based device to sell. Note that this is a bit more than just a syslog server.

Domotz Pro, the network monitoring and remote tech support system for Integration Companies and IT professionals

Last edited by Pete; February 3, 2017, 08:55 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      I'm looking for a syslog server. I know that Ultralog has one built into it, but was wondering if there are any other options available.

Robert
      Interesting I was looking at the same thing. I came across it while I was browsing my qnap. It may be a good option for me, maybe you may have a Nas as well with that option.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X