Searching in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching in HS3

In HS2 I regularly used the Search button. It showed me both devices and events that included they keyword that I was searching for. In HS3 I have not been able to find similar functionality. The best I have found is to use the windows Ctrl-F feature to find a word on the served web page.

The problem with the Ctrl-F method is that if the word isn't showing on the page, it doesn't work. So to search all events, every event must be "opened" by turning the right facing arrow to a down facing arrow.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way of searching events (triggers and actions) and devices for keywords?

No, I don't think so. I miss that capability too. I'm hoping UI tools get reintroduced to HS3 in v3.1.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Jon00 has a few webpages I've been using to quickly bounce around. One shows ALL devices and the other ALL Events. You can also search and drill down for information in those. The events are a bit more limited as you cannot directly reference an event on a page - at least as of this post.

Not a direct fix to your question, but I also miss that and just moved over to using Jon's webpages.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

If you really want a quick and dirty search, you can hit Ctrl-U to view source, then Ctrl-F to search through the HTML. Like I said, it's a dirty way to search
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The real advantage of the HS2 search is it would search inside events for keywords in the triggers or in the actions. Ctrl-F can't do that if it isn't displayed on the screen.
          I guess a kludgey workaround would be if HS3 had a feature that could "open" every single event. Then it could be searched using Ctrl-F.
          However, I really prefer the HS2 method where a page is presented that has the results of keywords and links to devices and events that include the keywords.
          Last edited by jono; February 3, 2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X