st814

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

st814

I have just set up and got my st814 installed. I am going to set it up to monitor the temp of a freezer. My question is what is the best way to set it up?

I have it currently set to wake every 5 minutes. I tried to tell it to auto report temp every 10 minutes. Homeseer is set to poll the temperature every 1 minute.

I have heard that a good interval to maintain the battery life is to check every 10 minutes. I am confused on what I need to do to make it check every 10 mintues.

Basically what is the best way to set up all of these timers to check the temp effectively and not kill the battery.

rkshack

I would set it to report on temperature changes greater than a certain value and set the wake-up time to 4 hours or larger. Turn of polling on all of its values, except batteries which I would set to poll once every 8-12 hours.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

So how does polling work on a device like this. I assume the polling fails unless the device wakes up. So If I have battery polling does that mean it will tell me the battery strength after it wakes up if the interval for the battery polling has gone elapsed. Or does the polling somehow wake up the thermometer.

Also will the thermometer report its temperature every time it wakes up?

rkshack

Comment

Originally posted by rkshack View Post
        So how does polling work on a device like this. I assume the polling fails unless the device wakes up. So If I have battery polling does that mean it will tell me the battery strength after it wakes up if the interval for the battery polling has gone elapsed. Or does the polling somehow wake up the thermometer.

Also will the thermometer report its temperature every time it wakes up?

rkshack
        Polling gets queued and will be sent once it wakes up. However, it can report temperature changes separately from the wake-ups.

Comment

I tried to change the parameter to notify my when temperature changes. Is there way to know it works. I am not sure the signal is getting sent after it is queued.
          rkshack

Comment

Originally posted by rkshack View Post
            I tried to change the parameter to notify my when temperature changes. Is there way to know it works. I am not sure the signal is getting sent after it is queued.
            rkshack
            Check the HS log when you change it. You can wake up the device manually just before you send the command. You can also retrieve the current setting selecting the parameter, clearing the value field and then clicking set. The device has to be awake for that too.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

How do I manually wake up the ST814?

Comment

Working...
              X