Request: Option to add notes column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Option to add notes column

Is there a way to show at least the start of the notes for each device; if I have created any, as an additional column in the web gui?

If not, would you be able to add this option, much like the dev ref id option?

Thanks in advance!

This did exist in HS2, it would be a nice optional feature in HS3 but I guess it may have been removed as the vast majority of users probably do not store data in this field.

Comment

didnt hs3 beta have that? thought it did but maybe forgetting...

I agree would be nice... i used to use it.. click the little icon and it opened up a notes section
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I use notes to tag which nodes are instant-status and I also log each battery change date. That would be helpful to see it on the device list.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          I use notes to tag which nodes are instant-status and I also log each battery change date. That would be helpful to see it on the device list.
          so you do notes now or are you saying you would like to see that back again?
          misreading that I am... hmmmmm...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
            I would like to see them.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I know Rob already answered, but I think he is saying he keeps notes, but also would like to see part of the notes in a column on the device manager page.

What would satisfy me (just to keep the Device Manager from getting any more cluttered) would be small column with a note icon - maybe the white notes icon if notes are there and something different if there are no notes. Hover over the icon and you see the notes, click on the icon and it would take you to the notes text box for reading, adding or editing notes.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I know Rob already answered, but I think he is saying he keeps notes, but also would like to see part of the notes in a column on the device manager page.

What would satisfy me (just to keep the Device Manager from getting any more cluttered) would be small column with a note icon - maybe the white notes icon if notes are there and something different if there are no notes. Hover over the icon and you see the notes, click on the icon and it would take you to the notes text box for reading, adding or editing notes.
                yeah back in HS2 (just googled it).. this is what i remembered...

http://s11.postimage.org/d7n4efoeb/homeseer.png

work is blocking that link so not sure if that worked but found this one... as well..

look at the note icon towards front... remember that? (if you were hs2)

would be nice to have this again

Comment

yeah back in HS2 (just googled it).. this is what i remembered...

http://s11.postimage.org/d7n4efoeb/homeseer.png

work is blocking that link so not sure if that worked but found this one... as well..

look at the note icon towards front... remember that? (if you were hs2)

would be nice to have this again
                  I used HS2 for two weeks in late 2013, so I don't remember much about it, but your screenshot is exactly what I had in mind for HS3, with the ability to get into the notes even for devices that don't already have them.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                  X