Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Reference number & ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reference number & ...

    It's annoying, that HS3 decides, all on its own, that it should uncheck this "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)" attribute. I checked it and would generally expect the program to listen to me and leave as I desired, unlike Alexa that has this whole attitude thing going on...

    Sure would be nice to be able to sort the devices by the reference number.

    -rick
    -Rick

  • #2
    Hi Rick,

    It's a known bug or buglike enhancement. It gets reset when you restart HS. Might want to file your own Bugzilla on it so that the developers know there are more people that would like to see it addressed.

    Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

    Comment


    • #3
      I also would like the setting to persist as the others do.

      I think I put in a Bugzilla request for the RefID column to be sortable as well.

      Since the Bugzilla reports are private now, you might want to add your own.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks, I have created the mention at bugzilla. BZ is new to me.

        -r
        -Rick

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
          It's annoying, that HS3 decides, all on its own, that it should uncheck this "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)" attribute. I checked it and would generally expect the program to listen to me and leave as I desired, unlike Alexa that has this whole attitude thing going on...
          -rick
          Go to my HS3 downloads page. You may find something of interest to get around this issue
          Jon

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Go to my HS3 downloads page. You may find something of interest to get around this issue
            I'm using it. It is quick, simple and works great.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I'm using it. It is quick, simple and works great.


              +1


              Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
              HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Go to my HS3 downloads page. You may find something of interest to get around this issue
                I use it too. Does the job.
                Can't understand why this isn't just a checkbox option, though.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

                HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh snap! This one is so simple but so good!

                  jon00: fixing HST issues since 2002.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by S-F View Post

                    jon00: fixing HST issues since 2002.

                    I lol'd

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by S-F View Post
                      Oh snap! This one is so simple but so good!

                      jon00: fixing HST issues since 2002.
                      LOL - funny but true!
                      Jon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh Yeah...This is a great help. jon00 does it again!!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X