Can I lock a device into a state ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I lock a device into a state ?

Is it possible to 'lock' a device into a on or off state temporarily ? I have lots of events changing this device, and sometimes I want to disable it changing state. That would be a lot easier than finding all the events which change it and disabling them all. It would need to be locked, as a state change triggers other actions, so an event which sets it back to the desired state would not work as it would still trigger all the actions which I want to avoid

Not sure I'm following you 100%, but would adding an extra action to the scenes with a AND status help.
    E.g I'm thinking you could have a virtual device called "scene lock". Add the virtual device to all the scenes that trigger the device you want to lock under the AND IF "scene lock" value equal to off.

That way the scenes would only continue if the virtual scene lock device status is off. Then when you want to turn off all the scenes that trigger the device you want to lock you'll only need to make one switch that will automatically stop all the other scenes firing?

Or have I misunderstood what you are trying to acheive?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think that would probably work. The only but is, I still have to try to find every event trying to change that device and add the and condition. I had to try and disable every event which changes that device this morning as it was causing havoc, and I disabled a lot of events and it kept switching state, I couldn't find all the events which change it. That's when I had the idea to fix the state if that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        I think that would probably work. The only but is, I still have to try to find every event trying to change that device and add the and condition. I had to try and disable every event which changes that device this morning as it was causing havoc, and I disabled a lot of events and it kept switching state, I couldn't find all the events which change it. That's when I had the idea to fix the state if that's possible.
        Have you used the 'Referencing Device(s)' event filter? Is that not allowing you to find all the relevant events?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          Have you used the 'Referencing Device(s)' event filter? Is that not allowing you to find all the relevant events?
          That's only showing me the event groups that device is in. With all the events in the group (even where the device is not in), so that doesn't really help. Unless I can get a further drilldown somehow. I always thought that was strange as its pretty useless...

Below you can see its saying showing 6 of 334 events, but when I click on the arrow to open the group its showing me all the events in the group
          Attached Files

Comment

That's only showing me the event groups that device is in. With all the events in the group (even where the device is not in), so that doesn't really help. Unless I can get a further drilldown somehow. I always thought that was strange as its pretty useless...
            That's not correct. When you expand the groups you will only see events that include that device.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              That's not correct. When you expand the groups you will only see events that include that device.
              Maybe it shouldn't... so then it show only 6 events. I could not get all shown on the screen grab, but I can assure you that not all of them contain the device...
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok I found why. I was in standard editing mode. When I change that to advanced all but the 6 events disappear. I thought that was odd, didnt know about the advanced editing mode.

Comment

When you select a single device in the filter, then click the X at the top right of the filter dropdown

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1189167,

you will only see groups containing that device

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1189169

And when you expand the groups, only events using that device are included.

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1189168

Comment

Ok I found why. I was in standard editing mode. When I change that to advanced all but the 6 events disappear. I thought that was odd, didnt know about the advanced editing mode.
                    The editing mode on my system doesn't affect the filtering. As you see in my screenshots I am in the standard editing mode. The editing mode is only applied to the group you select it under.

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1189170

I am guessing that your browser did not refresh the page as it should have and toggling the editing mode forced a refresh.

Comment

This is a very restricted IE at work, so that's possible. I will give it a try at home with a normal Firefox browser. When that works as intended its very useful. I tried a few times with the same results, but I think always from work so that might explain why it didn't work properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X