Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event trigger: Device value changes from X to Y?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event trigger: Device value changes from X to Y?

Newbie HS3 Pro user here. My apologies if this is a common ask with an obvious answer as I come up to speed on the capabilities and search the forum more. If I'm looking at this logic all wrong just say so.

Is there a way to set a series of event triggers such that if a device value changes from specific value X to specific value Y, and potentially also to specific value Z the event conditions are satisfied?

For example I would like to trigger events based on my alarm system changing

from ARMED AWAY to ENTRY DELAY to READY

or

from ARMED AWAY to READY

I wouldn't want to do from ARMED AWAY to $Anything as it could go from ARMED AWAY (or entry delay) to ALARM which would be a whole other event to program.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    Newbie HS3 Pro user here. My apologies if this is a common ask with an obvious answer as I come up to speed on the capabilities and search the forum more. If I'm looking at this logic all wrong just say so.

Is there a way to set a series of event triggers such that if a device value changes from specific value X to specific value Y, and potentially also to specific value Z the event conditions are satisfied?

For example I would like to trigger events based on my alarm system changing

from ARMED AWAY to ENTRY DELAY to READY

or

from ARMED AWAY to READY

I wouldn't want to do from ARMED AWAY to $Anything as it could go from ARMED AWAY (or entry delay) to ALARM which would be a whole other event to program.
    Spud's Easy Trigger plug-in (linked below in my signature) offers this as a trigger.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Spud's Easy Trigger plug-in (linked below in my signature) offers this as a trigger.

Ah, beautiful. Thank you for pointing that out! Spud is probably getting more $$ from me today.

I'll have to do some testing and see if the "was" into "and becomes" works from ARMED AWAY to READY even though ENTRY DELAY would be in between them.

Comment

Working...
      X