Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Randomly Crashes

Hey Guys

I'm a newbie to HS3, and so far I noticed that HS3 seems to be randomly crashing with the following events (see below).

I am running a newly installed Windows 10 pro and newly installed HS3. The following are things that I've tried to fix this:

- Ensured that the PC will not restart automatically after an update
    - Added HS3 Directory as an exception in my Sophos Anti Virus
    - When the system crashes ensured it does not Auto reboot (options in advanced system settings).

After doing the the above, I manually restarted HS3, and i'm going to wait a couple of days to see if it crashes again.

Upon manual restart I noticed that HS3 could not start my ZWave USB adaptor (im using the ZME_USB1), however after a full system restart that problem went away. All seems to be working for now but I also noticed this error within HS3 logs:

I know there is a lot of information here, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: 0x80070002
    Mar-11 11:52:07 Error Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'

ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Windows Event Log:

Event ID 1000:

Faulting application name: HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe, version: 3.0.0.68, time stamp: 0x5568a2cd
    Faulting module name: mscorlib.ni.dll, version: 4.6.1586.0, time stamp: 0x575a1299
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x003d0ea2

Event ID: 1026

Application: HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messa ging.IMessage)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Syst em.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef, Int32)
    at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetDeviceEnumerator()
    at HSPI_HSTOUCH.HSTServer.DeviceEnumUpdateProc()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Obj ect)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Look to see if Scheduler.dll is present in the main HomeSeer HS3 directory. If it isn't, I'd try a fresh install of HS.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Ensure that you are running HS as an administrator and also make sure that if you are using a shortcut to start it, that the "Start In" or working directory is set to the HS3 directory. There are a number of other threads on the scheduler.dll issue. Here's one: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165092

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Guys

I'm actually using the scheduler to run HS3 upon boot up under a domain account (yes I have my own AD), which is local admin on the HS3 box.

scheduller.dll is indeed in the HS3 directory.

In reading the link that you gave sparkman (thank you) I found that the Start in (optional)" box with C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3 wasnt entered.

So ive done this and see if that makes a difference upon reboot.

Ill keep you guys posted.

Comment

Working...
        X