Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeon multisensor 6 with HS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aeon multisensor 6 with HS3

    Just wondering if anyone is currently using these with HS3. I have them connected to usb power and polling interval of every 1 second but im having an issue with motion detection. The sensor is reporting motion constantly for over 4 minutes after there is no motion. Ive read that many people have been suffering with this on smartthings etc but was wondering if anyone has this issue on hs3.

  • #2
    I have a numer of them and they work fine. The 4-minute thing is by design. It is configurable though to different intervals. Why are you polling so often? The motion sensor will send a change to HS without it needing to be polled and the other sensors can be set to send info to HS based on a % change.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

    Comment


    • #3
      Ah right i thought more frequent polling would improve accuracy of lux/temp etc. Do you how i can configure this interval?

      Comment


      • #4
        The engineering spec defines all the parameters that can be configured: http://www.benext.eu/static/manual/a...-6-ZW100-C.pdf

        I use events to configure them, rather than each value manually:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1190196

        Cheers
        Al
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

        Comment


        • #5
          Ah thats a great help, more configuring to do then! Can you just explain on the event triggers what it classes as MANUALLY? And also i dont understand the need to configure the reports for report group or even what report groups relate to. Ill do some digging later if you dont have the time. Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            The event is just run once manually when I configure the device. This is done by clicking on the blue > icon at the top of the event on the right. I use an event so that it is easy to see what the parameters are set to and also to redo them if I need to reset the device. The report groups are used to send sensor information in periodic intervals. The only thing I poll on these is the battery child device.


            Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok thanks, ive reset the poll interval to 0 to prevent too much traffic and ill adjust everything in an event like you. Just to clarify, will have i have to manually trigger this event everytime hs3 is shutdown?

              Comment


              • #8
                No, you just need to run it once unless you reset the sensor. These values are programmed into the sensor, not HS.


                Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great stuff. Thanks for your time. Have you managed to use the aeon smart plug successfully? ive paired it with the z wave stick and uploaded the node info but homeseer shows it as off when its on (i assume a dim purple is on, not yet set colours for on etc i imagine)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You're welcome. Yes, I have a couple of those and they work fine too. Just heading out, so won't be able to post info on that until late tonight.


                    Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      The only thing I poll on these is the battery child device.
                      Al, how do you find the battery reporting on these? I have 3 of the Multisensor 6 but only one running on batteries. From new it worked its way down from 100% to 50% at which point it died (I have no record of how long that was but gut feeling only a few months). When I checked the batteries, one was dead the other seemed fine, however I replaced them both with new. Since then it has always reported 50%, been a couple of months now. Time will tell whether the value will ever change again. Next time it dies I will swap the batteries as I have a suspicion it is only using one of them. They do seem to be in parallel.
                      It was originally included and scanned on USB power as recommended in the Aeon manual. So for experimentation today I excluded it from the network and updated the firmware to 1.08 (was 1.06). This time I included and scanned it on batteries, which surprisingly went fine with no problems. Battery still says 50%!
                      Temperature reporting is now up about 2 degrees C on previous and definitely incorrect. I have had to configure an offset of -2 degrees to get it back in the right field. I presume it was the firmware update that affected the readings rather than removing and reinstalling. It's possible with my fading memory that I had originally configured an offset which will have got wiped when I excluded/included it. However, I'm pretty sure I didn't. One of my others running on USB had to be offset -2 degrees out of the box yet that one is on 1.06. The other one I have seems to be calibrated ok.

                      I like your event method of configuring these type of devices, it makes it much easier to remember how you configured them. I must do that in future.

                      My experience with this and a few other ZWave battery devices was the reason for writing SDJ-Health.

                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just checking i've come to the right conclusion, there are 3 report groups and i can set these to report on battery (value 1), ultraviolet (value 16), temperature (value 32), humidity (value 64) and luminescence (value 128) and set the report intervals for each group.

                        So if i wanted reports on battery every hour i would change the parameter of 101 to the value 1 (for battery) then change the parameter of 111 to 3600 (for one hour). If i wanted battery and temperature i would change the 101 value to 33 (addition of sensor values).

                        So this is useful for setting report intervals for different measurements the sensor provides say battery every hour for group 1 and temperature plus humidity for group 2.

                        Took me a while to hunt down the sensor values, not mentioned in the engineering spec, unless i've completely misunderstood the subject

                        Also would like some advice on a couple of things when you find the time:

                        1 - the value size, should i not just set it to auto (minimum required)?

                        2 - as im new to this, i noticed you were changing the automatic report parameters for various measurements, is this because you can use that info from the report generated for other triggers etc or is the report generated just how the sensor updates the values displayed on the web interface? Effectively a way of setting the poll interval

                        3 - with regards to setting the configuration parameter 3 value for motion detection, i understand that the interval will reset every time it detects motion. When i used to use rule machine on smartthings i would have a pending delay of 2 minutes which basically meant when motion detected turn on this light (countdown begins) and turn off light after (delay) and then if motion was detected (pending) restart countdown of 2 minutes. So would setting parameter 3 to 120 as you have it give this exact scenario?
                        Last edited by Steaktastic87; March 12th, 2017, 02:27 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                          Al, how do you find the battery reporting on these? I have 3 of the Multisensor 6 but only one running on batteries. From new it worked its way down from 100% to 50% at which point it died (I have no record of how long that was but gut feeling only a few months). When I checked the batteries, one was dead the other seemed fine, however I replaced them both with new. Since then it has always reported 50%, been a couple of months now. Time will tell whether the value will ever change again. Next time it dies I will swap the batteries as I have a suspicion it is only using one of them. They do seem to be in parallel.

                          Steve
                          Hi Steve, mine are still on their first set of batteries and at 100%. Aeotec does not recommend adding them on USB anymore if you plan on running them on batteries. Doing that turns it into a routing node so that negatively affects battery life.

                          Cheers
                          Al


                          Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by sparkman; March 12th, 2017, 09:23 PM.
                          HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
                            Just checking i've come to the right conclusion, there are 3 report groups and i can set these to report on battery (value 1), ultraviolet (value 16), temperature (value 32), humidity (value 64) and luminescence (value 128) and set the report intervals for each group.

                            So if i wanted reports on battery every hour i would change the parameter of 101 to the value 1 (for battery) then change the parameter of 111 to 3600 (for one hour). If i wanted battery and temperature i would change the 101 value to 33 (addition of sensor values).

                            So this is useful for setting report intervals for different measurements the sensor provides say battery every hour for group 1 and temperature plus humidity for group 2.

                            Took me a while to hunt down the sensor values, not mentioned in the engineering spec, unless i've completely misunderstood the subject
                            All looks correct, but I don't see a need to send the battery value that often. Decide what you want to use each sensor for, and that should drive how often it should send the data.

                            Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
                            1 - the value size, should i not just set it to auto (minimum required)?
                            I like specifying the actual size if it's published, but not sure if it makes any difference.

                            Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
                            2 - as im new to this, i noticed you were changing the automatic report parameters for various measurements, is this because you can use that info from the report generated for other triggers etc or is the report generated just how the sensor updates the values displayed on the web interface? Effectively a way of setting the poll interval
                            You can use it for triggers with events or just for info. It really depends what you want to use the various values for.

                            Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
                            3 - with regards to setting the configuration parameter 3 value for motion detection, i understand that the interval will reset every time it detects motion. When i used to use rule machine on smartthings i would have a pending delay of 2 minutes which basically meant when motion detected turn on this light (countdown begins) and turn off light after (delay) and then if motion was detected (pending) restart countdown of 2 minutes. So would setting parameter 3 to 120 as you have it give this exact scenario?
                            Yes it will. It'll send a "motion off" value 120 seconds after motion has last been detected.

                            Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for that, ill start setting my events up now. I wouldnt want a battery report that often especially as they are usb wired, it was just an example although the homeseer gui will only let me set it 23 hours max and even then i find it resetting itself to 12 hours, so hopefully configuring them this way will prevent any of that. Cheers for your help again

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X