Aeon multisensor 6 with HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
    Great stuff. Thanks for your time. Have you managed to use the aeon smart plug successfully? ive paired it with the z wave stick and uploaded the node info but homeseer shows it as off when its on (i assume a dim purple is on, not yet set colours for on etc i imagine)
    I have two of them and they are working kind of ok. They are a nightmare to configure - like setting associations & stuff. Most of the time they come back with "device not reachable", but eventually they worked. Range is shocking as well - 5 meters away from the controller and no direct route possible.

Dim purple is off, btw. Green is on.

Cheers,
    Alex

Comment

Yeah had issue with it showing off when it was on, as in had power to it, . All working fine as far as i can tell. Im only using it for a zwave node to extend the range out to my shed, thats will be its only use. Unless i somehow figure a way to load the toaster with bread thats plugged into it automically! Thanks for your reply

Comment

Reviving the thread a bit here but just noticed an issue. Ive set parameter 41 (temperature threshold) to 10 yet temperature report will only be sent at the default value 20. My firmware is 1.11 and i know they changed the byte size to 4, just wondered if any other aeotec sensor users have seen this issue.

Also i cant seem to get the sensor to report no motion any quicker than 15-20 seconds. I have parameter 3 set at 10. If i set off motion again in that timeout period then it extends it by exactly 10 seconds (sp takes 30 seconds to report no motion) but the initial report is random between 15-20 seconds depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          The engineering spec defines all the parameters that can be configured: http://www.benext.eu/static/manual/a...-6-ZW100-C.pdf

I use events to configure them, rather than each value manually:

[ATTACH]60053[/ATTACH]

Cheers
          Al
          sparkman Neat idea, I hadn't thought of using an event. Thanks for sharing.

Does the system queue the changes until it wakes up or do I need to wake up the device and then run the event?
          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

sparkman Neat idea, I hadn't thought of using an event. Thanks for sharing.

Does the system queue the changes until it wakes up or do I need to wake up the device and then run the event?
            You're welcome. It will queue them until it wakes up, but with many changes like that, there's a good chance it goes back to sleep before all the changes are communicated. I typically wake them up manually and then run the event.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I had one of these sensors - did a firmware update that 'bricked' it. :-(

Comment

Working...
              X