Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.0.0.312 breaks Z-Tool

Took me a while to figure this out...

When adding devices with Z-Tool on Android, the 312 update breaks it.

Upon submitting the Device Name, Floor, and Room, I get an incorrect number of parameters error. Rolling back to 297 fixed the issue. Since I was doing a clean migration from Vera, I was able to roll back until all my devices were included.

I'm guessing it has to do with the new Linking feature and the number of parameters expected as a result.

Hope a fix is in the works.

--
    Sean

I get the same. Clicking ok, it still creates the devices, you just have to go into HS3 to change rooms and devices names etc. Bit of a pain but easy to work around.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too. OK if you're adding one or two devices, but I was doing a whole house move from Vera. Didn't want to have to go back and figure out what device was what. I can wait for the fix to Z-Tool before going back to 312.

Comment

I added a mimolite yesterday after I upgraded to .312 and it seemed to work fine - though, I never had the option to add function or room to the device. Afterwards, I saw that my z-wave plugin was consuming about 26% cpu resources. So I shutdown and restarted HS and all has been fine since. I'm still running .94 beta z-wave plugin. It seemed to be working fine all along. I didn't want to change too much at one time..

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Just referring to the Z-Tool app (on Android). After adding a device, it has a popup that let's you change the device name, room, and floor. When you submit that form, it returns an error on 312. Since I was a new install, I just rolled back to 297 so I could use it to add my devices. When I get them all installed, I can upgrade to 312.

Comment

I will have a look and report back.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X