Full HS3 on a Pi3 but starting with the HS3Pi version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full HS3 on a Pi3 but starting with the HS3Pi version

My goal is to dump VeraLite and go to the Full HS3. I will need to get up quickly so the basic house lighting still works so I was thinking about setting up a Pi 3 with the Pi lite version of HS3 first while I'm working on setting up the Full version of HS3.

I know the license for the full version of HS3 works with both the Windows and Linux versions. Will that license also allow one to run the Pi lite version? If so this would make life much easier as I can let the Pi lite run the basics of the house and take my time setting up the full version which could take longer than the Pi lite 30 demo license.

I also don't plan to start until we're close to the next software sale which I think is in May.

BTW, Don't understand why there should be any performance issues with running the full HS3 on a Pi that I've read about. The Pi has been used to run huge holiday light shows using XLights with thousands of DMX lighting channels being updated every 50ms or so and all of them fully synced to music. That's a huge load on Pi and it handles it well. Compared to that, HS3 seems like a very easy program to handle since nothing happens fast.

As a side note, one thing learned when running Xlights is that you should keep all of the constantly changing data, such as logs, on a USB drive and keep only Linux and the seldomly changing data on the main SD card. USB drive were designed to handle constantly changing data better than highest quality SD cards can. IMHO
    Last edited by Timon; March 14, 2017, 11:12 AM.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server
Working...
X