Group Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Conditions

I was looking at the events tag and I see the Group Conditions setting at the bottom. I haven't tried it yet, but if I understand it correctly, whatever I put into that part has to be true for all of the events in that group to fire.

Can someone confirm this before I start adjusting my events?

Thank you.

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    I was looking at the events tag and I see the Group Conditions setting at the bottom. I haven't tried it yet, but if I understand it correctly, whatever I put into that part has to be true for all of the events in that group to fire.

Can someone confirm this before I start adjusting my events?

Thank you.
    Yes, they apply to every event in the group, on top of any conditions built into the individual events
    cheeryfool

Comment

The group conditions are not automatically checked for every Event in the group. Each Event to which you want to apply the group conditions must have it as a condition in the event. You must specify either

The Group Conditions are all TRUE
      -or-
      The Group Conditions are all FALSE

in each Event they are applied to. If they are not called out as a condition, they will not be applied to that Event. Read more here.

Be advised that the Group Conditions feature has been broken in Events for quite a while. Seems like almost a year. If you can get the conditions you want in Group Conditions it will work, but it can prove difficult to get them set. It really doesn't save a lot of time, unless you have quite a few Conditions that are going to be added to a number of events. For the most part it is just as easy to add conditions to each Event.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks to you both. I am setting up events for my amplifiers that are only going to trigger if the amps are on. I have been putting the amp power on as a condition, so I figured if the group conditions would make it easier to set them all up, then I would use it. But it appears that I would still have to put conditions in anyway, so I could probably just put the condition in each one.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          The group conditions are not automatically checked for every Event in the group. Each Event to which you want to apply the group conditions must have it as a condition in the event. You must specify either

The Group Conditions are all TRUE
          -or-
          The Group Conditions are all FALSE

in each Event they are applied to. If they are not called out as a condition, they will not be applied to that Event. Read more here.

Be advised that the Group Conditions feature has been broken in Events for quite a while. Seems like almost a year. If you can get the conditions you want in Group Conditions it will work, but it can prove difficult to get them set. It really doesn't save a lot of time, unless you have quite a few Conditions that are going to be added to a number of events. For the most part it is just as easy to add conditions to each Event.
          So, if I understand the above correctly, you MUST include a Group Condition statement in the IF section for them to apply. Is there any other way to include a check for weekday versus weekend in an IF condition? I only see this available in Group Conditions...

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post
            So, if I understand the above correctly, you MUST include a Group Condition statement in the IF section for them to apply. Is there any other way to include a check for weekday versus weekend in an IF condition? I only see this available in Group Conditions...
            Group conditions are included in an AND IF Condition. You do not have to or want to use Group Conditions unless you have a number of events that ALL share a number of conditions. Usually it is better to avoid group conditions, but there are times they are useful.

IF is a Trigger AND IF is a condition. You cannot Trigger on a day or group of days, but you can use them as a Condition. A Trigger is always something that happens in an instant such as a change in value of a device, timer or counter or a specific time. Conditions can be broader and cover large periods of time or range of values.

The Condition would be AND IF The Date or Day>The Day is, then there are Che boxes for all 7 days. If you choose M, T, W, T, F, it will change to weekdays. If you choose Sat, Sun, it will change to weekends.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Group conditions are included in an AND IF Condition. You do not have to or want to use Group Conditions unless you have a number of events that ALL share a number of conditions. Usually it is better to avoid group conditions, but there are times they are useful.

IF is a Trigger AND IF is a condition. You cannot Trigger on a day or group of days, but you can use them as a Condition. A Trigger is always something that happens in an instant such as a change in value of a device, timer or counter or a specific time. Conditions can be broader and cover large periods of time or range of values.

The Condition would be AND IF The Date or Day>The Day is, then there are Che boxes for all 7 days. If you choose M, T, W, T, F, it will change to weekdays. If you choose Sat, Sun, it will change to weekends.
              Fully understand that. So my IF trigger is currently the time (which is what I actually want to vary depending on whether it is a week day or a weekend day).

So my scenario is this:

If it is during the week then switch off the light at 10:15 PM (with security randomization)

If it is during the weekend then switch off the light at 11:15 PM (with security randomization)

Any ideas?

Comment

I have an event like this that maybe you can go off of;

IF Time is 10:15 PM (S)
                ANDIF the days of the week are weekdays
                THEN turn off a light

IF time is 11:15 PM (S)
                ANDIF the days of the week are the weekend
                THEN turn off light

(S) comes from the Setup tab. Go to 'Security Offset Enable' and put a check. Go to 'Security Offset =/- minutes and enter 5 or 10 or what you want. This number will be =/- that number on either side of your time. So if you have 10 in the box and since you had 10:15 as one choice then it will go off randomly sometime between 10:05 and 10:25 PM on weekdays.

Addition: I forgot to say that under 'Options' at the bottom of your event, to check the security box.

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by cowinger; April 12, 2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                  I have an event like this that maybe you can go off of;

IF Time is 10:15 PM (S)
                  ANDIF the days of the week are weekdays
                  THEN turn off a light

IF time is 11:15 PM (S)
                  ANDIF the days of the week are the weekend
                  THEN turn off light

(S) comes from the Setup tab. Go to 'Security Offset Enable' and put a check. Go to 'Security Offset =/- minutes and enter 5 or 10 or what you want. This number will be =/- that number on either side of your time. So if you have 10 in the box and since you had 10:15 as one choice then it will go off randomly sometime between 10:05 and 10:25 PM on weekdays.

Addition: I forgot to say that under 'Options' at the bottom of your event, to check the security box.

Hope this helps.
                  Perfect! That will work. Thanks for follow up.

Comment

Working...
                  X