Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux -Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux -Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Hi everyone, I've used HS3 on Linux several times before it's super easy to install. I've been trying for 2 weeks now and cannot get it to work. I've tried a Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, Raspbian, Ubuntu, VMs on windows with Ubuntu, CentOS. They all install fine, start up no problem no errors, but whenever I go to the plugins and click view it always says:
    Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Literally installed on 6 different machines now, every single time that's what it says, any suggestions? These are fresh installs, never had this issue before.

If you press Update Listing it just says Wait for 2 seconds then same error and says Done processing update information.

See this thread where Rich has been working on this.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=187612
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks but there's nothing helpful in there just people saying they have the same issue. Any posts saying things to run don't even work, like the last forum post says run some Linux commands that don't work. Nice to know that this $500 piece of software I bought is basically garbage unless run on Windows now. I've already switched to SmartThings as so far it is 100x better than HS3, so much easier to use and supports Lutron and other systems natively. I wanted to keep using HS3 just for a few odd things I don't use on HS3 like Insteon but honestly over it now. Thanks for your help, goodbye HS3!

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
        I've already switched to SmartThings as so far it is 100x better than HS3
        give it time, i was an avid supporter of Smartthings, you will learn however that their change control is shoddy and you are essentially at the mercy of their update cycles and problems they are constantly rolling out updates to fix one item and breaking two other things.

for me HomeSeer is the only solution that just pretty much works all the time all though its not a nice interface its fast for everything i am running.

Comment

Rich switched from hxxp to hxxps relating to the updates control file. The fix is in the link above and I had no issues with upgrading mono certs here.

Here two Homeseer 3 boxes on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and not having any issues at this time.

I am doing my 1-wire temperature thing in linux today. I have an RPi2 running Z-Wave and a 1-Wire network. Data is imported over to the HS3 box which is running linux commands to get the data with no issues.

Concurrently playing with Samsung Smarthings testing software plugin to my OmniPro 2 panel and it is doing well. It isn't being used for security but uses the security functions on the panel.

That said I still want to keep my automation at home and not have any cloud dependencies. Playing with Amazon Echo, Microsoft Kinect / Alexa et al.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I had this problem on my RPI 3 as well. Mono versions pre 3.12.0 are missing Root certificate authorities in the machine Trust certificate store. RPI foundation's distribution lists their current version of mono as 3.2.8.
            I added the Ubuntu distribution and set my mono version to stick at 3.12.0. I updated mono to to 3.12.0 and installed the default certs to my install. Now the update listing button is working.

The other option would be to download homeseer's RPI image and copy your HS3 distribution on top of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How did you add the Ubuntu distribution and set my mono version to stick at 3.12.0? I am having the same issue with my Raspberry Pi2 and the HS3 update button.

Comment

Here I just rebuilt my RPi2 / Jessie (lite) to be utilized as a remote Z-Wave controller.

Jessie Lite does not come with mono. I installed latest version of Mono following documented procedure here.

====> Install Mono on Linux

Works fine with Homeseer (which is just a directory).

ICS-ZNet:~# mono -V
                Mono JIT compiler version 5.0.0 (Stable 5.0.0.100/9667aa6 Thu May 11 14:45:23 UTC 2017)
                Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                TLS: __thread
                SIGSEGV: normal
                Notifications: epoll
                Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
                Disabled: none
                Misc: softdebug
                LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

My current Ubuntu 16.04 ARM and Intel Boxes have mono 4.XX.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@marbaugh, did you get it working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X